Contest Verification Instructions - August 14th to 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
Where do I get my secret code for being pre-launch? When I click the link in your email I get sent to this thread.

Also, for those that only got points from posts, will you be giving them only 80% of those points? In the rules it said that only 80% of your total points could come from posts.

edit: nevermind about the first part, eyes skipped over the code right above the link.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
just dropping a message. i just picked out the points that were actully meaning full. i know i have a lot more then what i sent

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Having users track their points was pretty stupid. A vB modification would have been much easier and way more accurate. Not to mention fair.
I've tried that before, but unfortunately it was much easier for people to cheat. Especially for a larger contest like this.

Now I'd like to make clear that obviously quality comes into play here, so if an article you wrote is 10x more sophisticated and meaningful than someone else's 5-minute swipe, you'll get bonus points while the other person might even get points deducted from the full per-article value.

But anyways, keep those submissions coming. I'm still going through them :).

Thank you,
Donny

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
How do you figure:? They post, it ads points automatically. They submit stuff, you go over it and give them according points. There isn't any way they could cheat that system, not like this one. You are going to have to check everyones posts now and make sure everything's legit on number of posts or you won't be 100% sure with your results. Sucks to be you.

Jim Morrison

Premium Member
Reaction score
**** this man im not keeping track of my points just give me the xbox

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Also, for those that only got points from posts, will you be giving them only 80% of those points? In the rules it said that only 80% of your total points could come from posts.
Yes, assuming they have more than 40 new posts going towards the contest (since all users get a +10 for being registered anyways).

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It's common sense. I'm pretty I talked about that on the contest page.
common sense? no its not. you said blog posts, nothing about "It must give good search engine optimization" hell, half the people here wont even know what SEO means, much less how it works. also im pretty sure you didnt mention SEO, PR ratings, or age of blogs anywheres in it.

and as far as me wonderijng about the minus thing:

"Points from Special Member Status (eg. premium member) - (list pre-launch code if available):"

that sounds like "50 (MINUS) 50"

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Exactly. Since Dragn mentioned the whole minus thing, i got confused. Then Donny became an ass about it and said "lol not confusing l2math".

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I read it as "this through that" instead of "This minus that". Cause, you know, he used the whole "this through that" thing about 40 times in that post.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
If I lose then something is fishy. Just clearing this up for everybody. I obviously won when it comes to legit posts. Plus I learned how to make videos this week. That should count for something. :D

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
I read it as "this through that" instead of "This minus that". Cause, you know, he used the whole "this through that" thing about 40 times in that post.
You deserve the PS3 based on how smart you are alone.

Jenny, unless you have more than 1100 points, Emole will win. All of his posts go to the contest, even though if you were counting it based on how the actual contest should work, he doesn't have any points at all.

Wouldn't it be funny if he couldn't PM Kinkarso because he's banned so he doesn't even get counted/verified.

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
common sense? no its not. you said blog posts, nothing about "It must give good search engine optimization" hell, half the people here wont even know what SEO means, much less how it works. also im pretty sure you didnt mention SEO, PR ratings, or age of blogs anywheres in it.

and as far as me wonderijng about the minus thing:

"Points from Special Member Status (eg. premium member) - (list pre-launch code if available):"

that sounds like "50 (MINUS) 50"
Where did he say that?

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
I'm talking about the part about SEO, Google Pagerank and what not. I can't find it so I thought Dragn was making it up.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's funny how everyone is bitching when they're getting free PS3's and ****.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
I think it's funny how everyone is bitching when they're getting free PS3's and ****.
just wait for more lulz when the results com in

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
You deserve the PS3 based on how smart you are alone.

Jenny, unless you have more than 1100 points, Emole will win. All of his posts go to the contest, even though if you were counting it based on how the actual contest should work, he doesn't have any points at all.

Wouldn't it be funny if he couldn't PM Kinkarso because he's banned so he doesn't even get counted/verified.
Way over 1100 points. I didn't count his posts, but I thought his posts didn't count since he is a banned user. Pretty sure Kinkarso only said he could get points for submitted content after his ban. That would be the realistic punishment when considering he should have been disqualified when he was banned, but he started begging like a worm.

If I lose to him I'll actually go through the effort and pick out his posts and point out the spam posts/oneliners - which there were many. Besides that - most of my articles are 600-1000 words. Above and beyond the requirement. If that doesn't warrant extra points then IDK what does.

Status
Not open for further replies.