Blizzard is the new Nintendo. (thread Merged)

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
2 ppl can't play BNet if one is in RoC and other is in TFT
that how expansion packs work dont they? idk your post is hard to read for some reason:/

Its confusing
We learned earlier in the day from Rob Pardo that there will be units in the single player mode that are not usable in the multiplayer mode. Sigaty expanded upon this a little bit; Goliaths and those six-person Terran Bunkers will not be usable in multiplayer. By removing those units, and others like it, they will change significantly the way the multiplayer game is played compared to the single player.You can't just turtle your way through a multiplayer match with bunkers anymore.

When I asked Sigaty about the different parts of the trilogy and how each part would affect the multiplayer game, he said that each campaign will add something to the multiplayer game. Of course, one of the bigger questions today, we asked if multiplayer will be fully implemented with all the races when the first part of the SC2 trilogy is released? The answer is simple: "yes." Players will be able to play each and every race, setting them against each other in massive do-or-die battles.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
In other words - SC2 consists of say CD1 (main game), CD2 and CD3 whereas CD2 and 3 are expansions. If you have CD2 you won't be able to play BNet vs sum1 with CD1 coz he doesnt have your further options or maybe even more units if CD2 gives you also more units. Same logic if you have CD2 and wanna play BNet vs sum1 w/ CD3 you won't be able to. I knew that with SC2 there would be an expansion and we would have to buy a 2nd CD. But that's 3 CDs and more money Boooo!

Imagine there is an expansion after the 3 CDs to make it a 4th CD. Or wait maybe 4th 5th and 6th CD for the expansion of each of the races. Or how about 7th and 8th for a new race + exp. :lol: They'd better sell them in a pack of 3 CDs.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
But isnt that how expansions work?. i dont get the complaint it still the full game. you can always wait for the battle chest

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
The complaint is that we have to pay for more CDs. Other than that you're right there is almost no trouble in having to install 2 CDs like RoC and TFT or SC&BW and having to install 3 CDs. No matter.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i wont mind paying 50/30/30 tbh.
i think the only true complaint is that the competitive scene wont be up to speed until the next 2 expansion.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
i heard korea gets all 3 at the same time to keep competitiveness up to snuff

Nexium

Member!
Reaction score
I welcome a trilogy as long as they don't make the storyline too ridiculous.

CerebralChain

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
As long as all of the three games together have the same price as one, I won't mind buying them. And they'll most likely have to make changes to multiplayer as each new campaign comes out, causing a total of 1 gig of patching and lots of bitching from guys like you people. I think it's great that they want to make the experience better by splitting it into three. More fun, more playing.