Blizzard is the new Nintendo. (thread Merged)

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Re: How does this make you feel?

Sounds pretty lame.

10plar

Reaction score

this is the single worst Idea to do with Starcraft, The game works so well when all 3 campaigns are worked into one

If this is how it is going to be then im afraid blizzard has lost me in Starcraft.

This was my favorite game but if its going to be like this i better find something else to pre-occupy my time, and i think that EA has my eyes caught

dash1ra

Reaction score

this makes me wanna go to the hospital and start switching babies. this is a real dick move by the "great" people at blizzard. i was anxious to see this game released. now i hope they get violated by a bear. WAY TO GO FELLAS!

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Blizzard is the new Nintendo.

In a recent demonstration panel to a thunderous applause, Blizzard announced that Starcraft 2 would actually be broken up into a trilogy, with three totally separate and stand-alone campaigns as separate products.

The first campaign will be the Terran campaign, titled Wings of Liberty, played from the perspective of Jim Raynor. The second product (presumably an expansion pack) will be the Zerg campaign, titled Heart of the Swarm, whereby the player will follow Kerrigan around. And lastly comes the Protoss campaign, called Legacy of the Void, where Zeratul anticipates the return of the Xel Naga.

Rob Pardo was quick to mention that this trilogy would only affect the campaign and story, and that the first product to be released will feature all three factions for skirmish and multiplayer. He was not able to elaborate further on how the two extra installments of the trilogy would affect the units/races for skirmish and multiplayer.

Each campaign of the trilogy will be chronologically sequential, meaning you can expect the Zerg campaign to take place after the final events in the Terran campaign, and so on. In addition, the Terran campaign will have a mini-campaign for the Protoss, following Zeratul around as he describes what's going from a "birds eye" perspective.

The reasoning behind this decision was to give Blizzard the freedom to fully flesh out their new interactive environments for telling stories, offering players multiple stages to explore and characters to meet. The campaigns will be mult-branched, and will contain roughly 26-30 missions each, rather than the 10-12 missions of each campaign in the original Starcraft. No release dates or time tables were mentioned or hinted at.
Breaking: Blizzard Announces Starcraft 2 Trilogy - GameReplays.org - Starcraft 2 Portal

Well at least they aren't trying to milk every franchise they have. :/

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
multiplayer is the end product anyway

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
i hurd they might put a pricetag on that too. Battlenet might be p2p to a degree

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
now you are just trolling
0/10

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
If the 2 expansion add more than just another races campaign I won't have a problem with it but if they don't I wont buy them.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
mostly like stuff for d3(BETTER AVATARS LOOLOOL). cant imagine any paid things sc2

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
What a dick move. Unless the second and third offer something new to multiplayer, it boils down to Buying the first one, then piracy, piracy, piracy.

Battle.net will not be p2p because of advertisements.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
I wont mind since they all independently have complete multiplayer access as I've heard. Although if they're all really expensive its gonna be ghey.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
no. discuss?

raynor is badass

now i believe i read somewhere that diablo 3 could be released before the sc2 trilogy is complete. if this is true...that rumor could be true to an extent. Especially if you don't consider sc2 a complete game until all 3 games are released.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
What a dick move. Unless the second and third offer something new to multiplayer, it boils down to Buying the first one, then piracy, piracy, piracy.

Battle.net will not be p2p because of advertisements.
I wont mind since they all independently have complete multiplayer access as I've heard. Although if they're all really expensive its gonna be ghey.
confirmed that they are expansions

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Let me get it straight - So this is like War3 Reign Of Chaos (=Terran missions). You need to upgrade it to smth like Frozen Throne for more stuff maybe even more units, options in multiplayer, etc. (=Zerg cpg) and there's gonna be like a second expansion like upgrading Frozen Throne to get even more features, options or units (= Protoss cpg). How lame is that? I don't give a fuck about storyline, I just want to have a Battle Net like the war3 BNet, not - you can't play vs sum1 who has only installed the terran cpg, or vs sum1 who has the second upgrade (zerg cpg) coz u have all 3 and the other's don't. Think about it, they are forcing us to have to buy all three even to play BNet coz just like 2 ppl can't play BNet if one is in RoC and other is in TFT, it looks like the same here... and that for a price 3x60$? I mean look - they r saying if you buy the 2nd cpg you will have features that sum1 having bought only the 1st terran cpg won't have. So it's like unable to play vs sum1 who doesn't have your features. And ppl buying the terran cpg will only be able to play vs ppl with terran cpg, ppl buyind zerg will be able only vs zerg cpg players and ppl buying the 3rd - protoss will be able to play vs same only coz the prev 2 campaigns don't have the features of the second (protoss) upgrade? Is that so?