Battleforums/Blizzforums

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello everyone, just introducing myself. As you can see I just came from blizzforums(currently down) and was just wondering if all the talk was true. I like forums and thus give this one the benifit of the doubt but decided maybe I should ask. I know this will probably be VERY boring for you too answer but if you do you'll get a pretty good new member (both in SC and in posting stuff). Don't take this stuff offensively, this is just stuff I heard from blizzforums--you two obviously have a rivalry.

Is this forum really a bunch of hackers, or have somwhere around 10% of your population being hackers? If not why the forum on hacks? Laughs?

Are you overly bad-mannered? I'm sure If I stay here I will get my fair share of flames, either it's just the way a new forum posters path must go or maybe it's just me, even this post will be flamed, which of course does not make you guys overly BM, but just try to answer fairly.

Is this forum active? I'll find out within a couple of days but just speed things up a bit :).

Now for some less offensive questions

Who are your best five players roughly, I don't care if you can't decide who to give #5 too, just give a ton of people honerable mentions?

How do you stack up to blizzforums best? B.net ID Eros_Yuna (on blizzforums staind) and B.net ID Frode[c.f] (blizzforum id john_dough) If you guys have ever played/have replays of the games then show me them! If not just an estimate.

I think I read You don't have a channel, why not just make one and sticky a post telling the name?

Thank you for your patience GLHF ALL!

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
they're not really that good, I'm pretty close to them-- i can even beat staind PVT--and am getting closer to dough

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
To answer your questions

Is this forum really a bunch of hackers, or have somwhere around 10% of your population being hackers? If not why the forum on hacks? Laughs?
The mods of the hacking section generally make the hacks, I don't even play war3 or sc anymore, the hackers aren't active on this board, they come sign up get their hack ask their question about how to work it and leave.

Are you overly bad-mannered?
Maybe some of the little kids in the flame section, I would sugest not even going in there, a waist of time.

As for your other questions I have no idea.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Blizzforums, what about Metallic~Knight and Cappy?

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
#1 cort
#2 Tronga
#3 uhm
#4 uhm
#5 uhm

Only two I ever seen play >: )

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Lolz, Theroy, you suck :D

To answer your questions:

No, this forum is not a bunch of hackers. The SC forum is not that active, but, happily, as the Battle Staff of the section, I'm damn proud to say that, even though we do have an hacking section (and I hate it), most of the hacking posters are just idiots that arrive, read the hack they want, and leave. Even that sucks, nonetheless... But most of the posters in this section are Map makers :) And we don't support the map unprotectors, so that you know that we do have respect for the work people have. About the hacks, I've been trying, toghether with the WC head master, to remove them. It's been hard lately...

Are you overly bad-mannered?
You shouldn't believe everything you hear in Blizzforums. Even though with that nick of yours, you may be in danger, as some people here do hate that forums strict ways. Nevertheless, people here are most times nice in a voluntary way, not in a strict way, and thus sometimes they may piss off. But that's why we have mods for :)

And there's the Asylum for flaming, for realising that damned stress.

Is this forum active?
Not as much as I'd like, mainly because the hacking sections. It does scares away the good players. The one example I know of it is the BlizzForums SC section. No hacking section, plenty of good players...

Who are your best five players roughly, I don't care if you can't decide who to give #5 too, just give a ton of people honerable mentions?
Hmm...

Not that sure about it...I, at least, do not play for stats and ranks. I play for fun. And I hope everyone does the same.

As for the rest, I don't know much about Blizz... And as for the channel, we have one, non-oficial, without a bot, that is usually known as BattleForums.

Hope that cleared up some doubts, and hope you won't have the awful thought the Blizz Forumers usually have of us, mainly because they judge from what they see. That's usually an error.

I'f I'd judge BlizzForums from what I see, I'd say they are a bunch of fascist nazis that care for nothing more than being the best... And in a gaming forum... But I can not say if that is true or not. Therefore, I won't say it at all...

Perhaps you can elucidade me, nonetheless.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Blizzforums? Care nothing except being the best? No not really, all and all it's a pretty weak forum with not great players. It seems like a good forum but I do have some problems... Why in the world does everyone have crappy gothic signatures? A classic goth girl holding a puppy? "You will burn"? I'm a teenager but I don't feel the need to put that crap on?

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
its a guy not a girl....Mana Belle is a famous japanese composter/guitarist :) he always dress up as a girl, only its a girl to an untrained eye ^^;;

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I suppose another problem you may be faced with is the still recent breakup of .ORG from BlizzForums, effectively cutting the members there in half, or so, which also left many of the members there in disarray and shock.

I personally found the entire ordeal somewhat suspicious, however that's something I'll keep to myself.

I don't believe you ever mentioned what your alias was on BlizzForums, if so, I apologize for missing it.

Back when I was the sole admin, AJ and I had quite a few discussions about merging BattleForums with BlizzForums. Essentially it got down to the point where he said as soon as we removed the hacking sections, it'd happen.

I backed down from that offer due to two primary concerns. 1) The loss of our identity. We're the largest unofficial gaming forum where people still come to to find what they need and continue on. It's sort of the life of living in an airport. People constantly arriving and departing, but that comes with the territory, something many of us oldies have come to adapt to.

BlizzForums has had it's clashes, for the most part however, we keep to ourselves, generally with very little to say about the other, save some irrational, derrogatory comments.

I have no idea what the new "regime" is like over there. The admins are less open to us as AJ once was, however I'm sure like everything it's surviving.

Just remember you're always welcome here. For the most part, our forums are disarming. With the .ORG/Legacy conflict, BattleForums has pretty much stayed out of things. You guys have enough going on as it is without another entity getting involved.

You may find a few posts over there by myself as well... attempting to play the diplomat. :p

Feel free to ask any of us if you have any other questions. ;)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Originally posted by Blizzforums
Blizzforums? Care nothing except being the best? No not really, all and all it's a pretty weak forum with not great players. It seems like a good forum but I do have some problems... Why in the world does everyone have crappy gothic signatures? A classic goth girl holding a puppy? "You will burn"? I'm a teenager but I don't feel the need to put that crap on?
Ok, I guess if you say that Blizzforums are that is either because you come from there, or you are saying the truth. Whatever the case is, won't discuss it with you.

Btw, your text is a little confusing. Where does the Blizz text ends and the BattleForums part begins?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Wow, the first thread like in the SC section for ages and i missed it! Just my luck.
Looks like you've received your answers Blizz. But as for who's the best around here, AKA-47 (Despite his departure), in my mind was always the best, and most humble.
Our old administrator, SkuZZy never stopped bragging about his SC skills and that he could kill `Slayers`Boxer, although back in the day, maybe i couldn't sense his sarcasm...
I've only ever played one UMS with coRtALoS which we never finished, i assume he's a good player, he's been playing for years.
I think i have versed TrongaMonga before, i don't remember, i think i beat him, but his excuse was "I'm rusty" (Yeah right Trong, you knew i owned you :D).
I, on the other hand, used to be an exceptional Melee player, but then my skills have become less atoned and due to many computer problems, i just decided to quit Melee and B.Net altogether. So, at the moment, Tronga may be able to beat me, maybe :p
I could play you guys in UMS, but i need to get off my backside and buy Starcraft again...which is such a chore...:(

Also, i'd just like to add my own two cents on BattleForums/BlizzForums.
When i did sign up on BlizzForums, it was only because a number of BattleForums members did and so i though i'd just join in (Conformity...i know...:(). And when i did, i went to the introductions section and introduced myself, saying that i was from BattleForums also. Saying that i was from BattleForums, kinda made alot of Blizz members immediately look down on me, and dislike me. Well, that's the impression that i got. I remember getting flamed and patronised. If i remember his name, it was glowpole from memory (Don't quote me on that).
Now, upon being flamed and patronised, and being the ignorant and irrational boy that i was, i went and began flaming Blizz members with another BattleForums member. In doing so, i just got flamed more and more, and just decided to stop posting there, i haven't posted there since.
Looking back on it, it's kinda embarrassing in a sense. And just for the record, coRt, and Blizz members, i am sorry.

Well, i would just like to answer your questions anyway Blizz, i need a good conversation. ;)

Well, 10% of 50 000 is 5000, and looking at that, more than 5000 of us are hackers. And most of that group just visits, joins, posts once and asks a questions, leaves, then never posts again.
Heh, it is pretty funny really.

Are you overly bad-mannered? I'm sure If I stay here I will get my fair share of flames, either it's just the way a new forum posters path must go or maybe it's just me, even this post will be flamed, which of course does not make you guys overly BM, but just try to answer fairly.
Yes, in fact alot of members here are bad mannered, and i get frustrated by it, but what can i do?
Leave if you must, but why not take your chances. Besides, it would answer your question. With you floating around with that alias, it would sure get a few jerks roudy.
But every now & then, we do get a few members that do want to stay for a while and are good people, but i guess that just goes the same with every forum.

Is this forum active? I'll find out within a couple of days but just speed things up a bit :).
The Starcraft forums aren't overly active, but the General section is. Besides, it's not everday a thread like this pops up in a gaming forum, and this being the Starcraft forum, don't expect 50 replies...

I think I read You don't have a channel, why not just make one and sticky a post telling the name?
We did/do, but despite that, no one goes there. Out of 50 000 members, you'd be surprised how little are active, especially that of which are Starcraft players. I mean, i still post here (Occasionally), but i don't play Starcraft.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
As far as I remember, I was the one that beat you? I think I was, I was Terran, and made goliaths, ghosts, M&M, tanks and SV (I used to use that tactic a lot), and beat the hell out of you. You even tried to drop reavers, but I had turrets all over the place.

Perhaps I'm confunding with any other game... Meh...

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
As far as I remember, I was the one that beat you? I think I was, I was Terran, and made goliaths, ghosts, M&M, tanks and SV (I used to use that tactic a lot), and beat the hell out of you. You even tried to drop reavers, but I had turrets all over the place.

Perhaps I'm confunding with any other game... Meh...
You're probably right Trong, maybe we both were rusty and you owned me.

Man, i'm gonna buy SC very soon, i am very psyched about playing B.Net again.

Going to the UMS forum has reignited my passion for SC. :)