ATTENTION: Your Opinion Needed!

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
There have been some recent suggestions by a few individuals that some people would like to see the Strategy forums merged either into the StarCraft & BroodWar General forums, or a new Strategy forum for all three races.

This would help eliminate any confusion members may have about where their posts should go if it relates to more than one race, and increase general traffic for the StarCraft Strategy forums.

We'd like to get input from you (the members and moderators) on what you think should be done with our StarCraft forums, and what will benefit them in the long-term.

Our poll is located at the following link. Please vote for what you'd like to see done, and post your opinions appropriately. :)

http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74845

~The BattleForums Staff

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i say merge em. none of the 3 are really active... we might as well have one normal forum over 3 unactive ones.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
test run i say

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
No mergo :(. We'd have 5 mods @ general :x.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Merge them. Until BattleForums has enough traffic (maybe until should be if..) we don't need to have 3 specialized forums for the three races. A General Strategy forum would also be a more suitable home for mental tactics and strategies that don't apply to one direct race.

[color=00980B]Raccoon[/color]

Sakuhta

Reaction score
If they don't apply to only one race they go in general. =/

Why do you think, "Strongest ground unit?" Goes in general, when "Stronger: Zergling or Hydralisk?" Goes in Zerg? Same thing, but different concepts.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sakuhta
If they don't apply to only one race they go in general. =/

Why do you think, "Strongest ground unit?" Goes in general, when "Stronger: Zergling or Hydralisk?" Goes in Zerg? Same thing, but different concepts.
Strongest Ground Unit isn't really a strategic thread though Sakuhta. It is an opinionated thread that won't really help you in the game (unless you happen to believe that a Zergling is stronger than a Zealot.. then it will probably help). I think that Stronger: Zergling or Hydralisk would go into Zerg Hatchery because it is a Zerg specific topic. That is obvious.. I don't really know what you're trying to say. With the proposed idea, all strategies, race based or not would belong in a single forum.

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
I definitely say merge the three, and pick out two mods from the three forums to moderate it. We arent active in Starcraft Forums as it is, so this would be good for us right now, and as Raccoon said, until we are more active we should leave it as is.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by FishDynasty
I definitely say merge the three, and pick out two mods from the three forums to moderate it. We arent active in Starcraft Forums as it is, so this would be good for us right now, and as Raccoon said, until we are more active we should leave it as is.
Lol.. look at the moderators. hmm I wonder what two would get it HMM
GEGE

Test run I say.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
The newly created 'hybrid' forum would probably be moderator by you, Sakuhta, Renzokuken and Tronga Monga. I was thinking Renzokuken and Tronga Monga because I don't really like you Sakuhta (;)), but you seem to be the most active of the three.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Too bad your opinion doesn't matter. 1) it would obviously be modded by TrongaMonga, he is staff, 2) me and Renzo are the only 2 strategy section moderators, that's the minimum we'd need with 3 sections together.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Everyones opinion is valid in this thread Sakuhta. Just look at the thread title. I mean I am all for a dictatorship (ha!), but don't you think a democratic system would work better in this situation? I think you mean maximum, not minimum aswell. No forum has more than 3 moderators.

aphextwin

Reaction score
merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge merge it'll be 0923804928309482309482903 times better

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
Originally posted by amrtin77
i say merge em. none of the 3 are really active... we might as well have one normal forum over 3 unactive ones.

merge them. When i modd'd them, it was so boring because it was SO dead. It'll increase the traffic substantially by focusing all strats in one area. I'd also love to create three threads (one for each race) with a table of contents to common rushes and strats, as well as compose a database of strats for BF

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sakuhta
Too bad your opinion doesn't matter. 1) it would obviously be modded by TrongaMonga, he is staff, 2) me and Renzo are the only 2 strategy section moderators, that's the minimum we'd need with 3 sections together.
I honestly don't think we'd need three moderators. But in the end it's up to Tronga anyway.

Zmoney

Reaction score
ISnt the forum were talking in now the general forum already???

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
No, we are talking about merging Protoss Nexus, Zerg Hatchery and Terran Bunker into one strategy forum. That way, traffic isn't so widespread, and the chance to learn new races is alot higher, thus creating better players.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Hm, I'm really an "unrecognized member" ain't I.

Lwek wrote on 08-01-2004 10:15 PM:
Since I can only PM 5 users at a time I have to PM 2 times. I am PMing all the SC Mods too because whether they like it or not, I want them to see my imput.
There is nothing to organize in those 3 forums. I'm seeing the future in these forums and I see that the UMS, SC and BW, SC Ghost, and SC2 being the popular forums. SC: Ghost will most likely come out within a year. That may be the forum we have to worry about being that it may get more than 1 page of new posts per day. And also, within a year, some news has got to pop up on SC2. Just got to! And the UMS forum is getting popular by each day as old members come back.
So Merging it will create no stress or worry for the future. And if at all possible, within the "long" future, if we do get more than 1 page of new posts per day, we can create a sticky thread in the Strategy and Replay forums labeled "Post your Zerg Strategy here" Etc for the other races.
Thanks for wasting your time reading this:lovedup

-Master Virus
Agree?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Yes, whole heartedly.

But instead of that sticky, maybe we can work our asses harder? I don't like having stickies for strategies. If we had a sticky, no one would end up posting, all their answers would be solved :p