• Yes

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Kitty

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
The shading on most of these is better than on the first one you posted. That's exactly what I meant by more shading...now add even more contrast and it'll look tons better. I'm partial to Katherynne myself, she looks interesting.

I agree with what Pains_Requiem said...go we get to see it shaded in the future?

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
sure, and you can ignore my remarks if you want, but maybe i can add a few suggestions when i see it?
i can tell me and you have the same artistic feel when it comes to drawing so maybe i can give a few suggestions to it that might appeal to both of us. its easy to impress someone your showing the drawing to, but if you dont like the drawing, its pointless, right?

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Kathreeyn is hawt

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
lol...thanks dude. Here's the unfinished Beliar full. As I said, his arm has more horns, but I love his general look.

Edit: Here as well is an unfinished female demon of the same basic form. Judging from your reaction to Katherynne, I imagine you'll like her.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dude, the full Belier is awesome looking so far
back right foot looks a little smaller and the back left, or maybe its just because its not shaded yet. man if i had a scanner id rock your socks right now.
nice reflection shdaing on the tail and leg scaled/plated areas. something im still trying to work on, like the hair you do, i cant do the lighting effects right.

-=EDIT=-
i still like katheeryn better..
that second one you posted looks too much like Beliar

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
True...those jaws aren't...welcoming... I like this demoness, but Katherynne MUST be my favorite...she's my girlfriend's character.

thanks for the compliments on Beliar. I'll show you the final copy when its done. For now my mother is home, and I believe that I must get offline.

Sicloan

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
J'kar DrachenFeuer said:
lol...thanks dude. Here's the unfinished Beliar full. As I said, his arm has more horns, but I love his general look.

Edit: Here as well is an unfinished female demon of the same basic form. Judging from your reaction to Katherynne, I imagine you'll like her.
the bodies look to masculine to be female. I'd draw a good pair of jugs, and tone down the abs.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind...although I like their jugs fine, and the abs consist of a line with a bellybutton...but I'll take the advice constructively.

I slaved like a madman since I got offline, and perhaps went a little too fast, but here is the COMPLETED BELIAR FULL VIEW! All in all, I am fairly pleased with the turnout. Criticism welcome.

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
J'kar DrachenFeuer said:
I'll keep that in mind...although I like their jugs fine, and the abs consist of a line with a bellybutton...but I'll take the advice constructively.

I slaved like a madman since I got offline, and perhaps went a little too fast, but here is the COMPLETED BELIAR FULL VIEW! All in all, I am fairly pleased with the turnout. Criticism welcome.
That right there doesn't look like something anyone would want to piss off:)
Splendid artwork you have there. I thought they were great.

I used to draw creatures like that, but gave up after making some truly horrendous ones. I just can't draw...

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I appreciate your liking my artwork. I must say, the general positive nature of the populace towards my work is definitely making me happy. If anybody wants something drawn that you can see is up my alley, let me know, and perhaps I can do it for ya! :D

Thank you guys for all your support. I'll keep em coming!

By the way, you guys like my avatar? It's an Alien Queen that I drew, color inverted in Paint, and resized. I kinda like it.

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
I must say I'm not too fond of the demon theme you have, although the drawingsa in themselves are nice, it's too fantasy oriented for me I suppose. =/

-Frank :cool:

MacMan

Reaction score
I would encourage you to try and focus more on realism.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
MacMan said:
I would encourage you to try and focus more on realism.
why?
every artist has his own style and prefers to draw different things.
if he wants to draw real people for you realism remark, he can if he wants, if he wants to draw demons, he can if he wants, if he wants to draw japanese style hentai, he can do what he wants as long as i can see it and there are no white marks on the picture.. dot dot dot
the full Beliar looks really good to m, and i cant really see where yu said some areas look scratchy, but im guessing ur talkin about the wings or the rearend the tail or leg maybe?
overall is good, but also, dont flatter yourself too much by getting so many good remarks to your drawings-
my drawings would turn you beliar on its back and rape him :D

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Yes, there's no problem with him drawing that kind of things. He does whatever he wants. However, I'd also like to see if you could represent reality as it is. I believe you didn't base yourself in anything to do those drawings (of course, I do not know), and so I'd like to see if you could draw something you see everyday. Just a test, of course :)

As for Beliar, I think his face doesn't do him any justice :-/

I mean, he doesn't look powerful with that face, he just looks sadistic. It's a constructive critique ;) That might be, after all, exactly the way you want it.

Now, his legs (the back ones, that is) are kinda weird. I can't imagine him very well, walking with that and the front ones at the same time. And the wings might be too smal for him to start flying as well. As well as the spikes in his back. Half is behind the right wing, the other half is in front of the left wing, and they are in the exact same position in relation with the body. It's strange, unless I'm not seeing it well.

Now, as for your drawing skills, I'm not really the one to judge it, but it looks really nice. However, the shadows look weird. There's no specific spot of light, it seems to be coming from everywhere.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
in response to Pains_Reqiuem: While in terms of artistic quality, your art may be able to whup Beliar, in a one on one with him, Beliar would OWN anything you can throw at him. He's practically a god, so...don't. :D

in response to TrongaMonga's last post, the sadistic look is EXACTLY what I was going for. The dude's so powerful, he revels in it. As for his body layout scheme problems, take a closer look at my concepts of him. First of all, the horns on his left shoulder are mostly ON his left shoulder. I based that part off of SoulCalibur 2's alternate Necrid costume. Secondly, his wings. I had to dwarf them to fit the whole body into the single page, so they are really not done justice. They are quite huge, and his most valuable asset. They work just fine with the horn positioning, because I get the feeling you think they're attached to his human torso. They're actually attached just behind the first set of dragon shoulders, at the center of his weight. The picture doesn't express it as well as I would like, but I did put considerable thought into this his form. Keep in mind also, that he is a Demon, and therefore inherently a shapeshifter. This is just the way he likes to be most of the time. He finds it intimidating.

Also, about the shading problems...I'll be the first to admit that shading is not my forte, and most of my work is done like the Nazi critter and Beliar's portrait. These last few were mostly experiments.

Another note; I am working on an Alien shot (in case you didn't know, I'm AVP addicted) of a hybrid between a Praetorian and a Facehugger. I'll scan it and post it very soon. It's work in progress, but I like it. I pride myself on the Alien tails that I do. A segemented tail is VERY difficult and complicated, so I like being able to pull one off.

EDIT: Here it is... I don't really have a name for it, but the working title is the impregnator...that's what it does. Most facehuggers are one-time uses; the infest a host, and die. This sucker can take one two hosts at once, and do it repeatedly. This in my opinion was a creature that's been a long time coming. This is a fairly crappy sketch of it, but here it is.

Also; here is the first stage of the Dark Archon that I'm working on for TrongaMonga. Let me know if it's even worth continuing...

Kitty

Reaction score
Fantasy is good as for subject matter.

Maybe he meant realism as a stylistic issue.

Drawing realistic-looking things give you practice with those that are not...just drawing everyday objects, like chairs and apples will help you with drawing.

EDIT: And now I'm gonna go against what I've said above and post an anime thing. ._.

Oekaki and stuff...

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
he portrait of the protoss is a DA... I know it looks a bit more like a DT, but it is supposed to be a DA. I know...it needs work.