• Yes

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Hmm, those scales in the bottom part of his face make him look like he has a huge mouth, and it's open. Perhaps removing those scales and doing a little better work at the shades of his face would do him justice.

Oh, and, if you recall, the Dark Templars cut their "hair" (it's their psionic reciever, actually) after the incident that sent them to Shakuras. Seeing that the Dark Archon is the fusion of two DTs, it's only natural that he doesn't have that long "hair".

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Ahh...the sage speaks the truth...ALL RIGHT! A REDO IS IN ORDER!

I am humbled by my ignorance. I once dedicated my life to memorizing the SC handbook/manual. To have forgotten such critical information as the severance of the Dark Ones' psionic tendrils has shamed me. (pulls out large sword and thrusts it into stomach)

--perhaps that's a little dramatic...(reverses time flow and instead smacks forhead with disgust)

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Pains Requiem said:
Mindless fan art doesn't get you anywhere. If you actually enjoy art it makes sense to approach it in a serious manner.

Is it okay for me to say that Akule since I'm not..."the embodiment of artistic ability"?

Kitty

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
While being artistically inclined helps, because then you'd understand it a bit better, to assume something like this all you need is common sense. ~_~

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Right...being artistially inclined helps when critiquing art. And being able to speak English helps when trying to make a point on an online board. What the **** did you just say?

Kitty

Reaction score
I was saying that to critique art you don't need to be artistically inclined, but it helps because if you've had some experience with how to create it, you'd have better insight.

English isn't one of my strong points. I haven't been speaking it for longer than 4 years, so yeah...

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Because I was bored, swastikas look cool, and if a monster must be bad...make it a Nazi. I know I'm crazy...you mustn't tell me.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My internet at home is ****ed up so im here in class doing this-
i must say the Alien creature pawns anything youve shown so far-
is that a peice of paper with ink spread on it and the drawings scratched out with some kind of sharp tip?
we did something like that in art last year..

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Nope...It's just like all my other sketches. I just plopped into paint and inversed the colors. Nice effect, huh?

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
J'kar DrachenFeuer said:
Nope...It's just like all my other sketches. I just plopped into paint and inversed the colors. Nice effect, huh?
i completly forgot that you could do that!
*doh!*
anyways, the alien pawns

here in my drafting class we have a scanner.. ill ask the teacher if i can scan some of the drawings in my sketchpad and pawn you :D

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
mt drafting teacher has been in a moody-ish mood...as of lately..
ive been too busy catching up on some AutoCAD drawings in there because i finaly have a comp that works and me and jacob (freak on a leash) have just been talking about.. well, everything.
maybe by next week ill ask coach Ed (the teacher) if i can scan the pictures, save em onto a 3 1/2 floppy and bring them home so i can host them and everything else.
i think the arthas/deathknight pictures that i made would look hawt if i inverted the colors like you did with the alien/pred picture

TrongaMonga said:
Yes, there's no problem with him drawing that kind of things. He does whatever he wants. However, I'd also like to see if you could represent reality as it is. I believe you didn't base yourself in anything to do those drawings (of course, I do not know), and so I'd like to see if you could draw something you see everyday. Just a test, of course :)
well, im encouraging anyone who wishes, why doesnt everyone post more pictures with different media/drawing styles (realism, painting, pastels)?
as for the realism,
i took this picture of Robert Smith of the cure and drew him on a 18 x 24 peice of paper and took black, white, and grey torn up peices of magazine pages and used them for color and shade-why dont some people post up differet media instead of just pencil?
im sure roach would jizz hisself if he saw that picture..
ill try to find the pic i used for it..
its a black and white photo of him leaning his head towards the lower-left corner with his eyes closed with a small opening in his lips..
really nice looking pic..
ill try to scan it and host it also.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Sweetness. I anxiously await the day when I see your work. From what you've been saying, I am really anticipating it. You say you have a "Deathknight." What might that be? I admit the name gets me curious. It may or may not be similar to my Draconian class, Bloodknight. Mine is basically a fighter/mage that deals in brutality and cataclysmic spells of destruction. You make one mad, and you might find a portal to Hell appearing beneath your feet. I have yet to draw a pic, as I have yet to come up with design that I like. Note to self: must work on that...

Side note...my mommy is encouraging me to get into color...I don't wanna. It would be good yes, but I SUCK AT COLOR! Worse than I am at shading! *snivel snivel* Opinions? How should I get my start? What medium?

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
a deathknight from the War Craft series..
it might snow tonight so if it does, i wont be able to ask my teacher until maybe tuesday, or monday (depending on how bad it snows- we supposed t get up to 2 inches tonight). ill scan them there, put em on a disc and load them here at home.
i have recently made a tall bald being (sorta like the guy in my ava) that has a reflective breast plate and has a gaunlet type-thing on his left arm and he's holding a lonf rod that has 2 flails hanging from each side..
mind you, i did this in like 10 minutes in my 3rd period civis class...
i was really bored..

OH!
in art right now my teahcer is making us do a color-pencil media of 3 birds..
any 3 birds that you want and color them with color pencil- heres the cool part-
i suck at cp drawings, but we are using Prisma Color CP and they have a special Colorless Blender pencil that when you rub its tip across prisma brand cp's it makes everything look really really smooth, it fills in all the minor white spots we all see inbetween the colored areas. i sugest you find one- it makes the coloring look a lot better.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
That sounds cool. I would love to have a set of colored pencils like that. My main problem when I use them is that stuff looks scratchy. With that, I could really do some stuff. COOL!

Also cool about the snow. I like snow. We got a little this year, but there is no way we're getting more. Countya blessings.

Kitty

Reaction score
Well, the easiest medium to begin with is coloured pencil. Prismas can be expensive but they have good results, their leads are very soft which gives you smooth colour.

Another thing that's quite fun is markers. The really good ones (usually Copics or Prismas) can be very expensive though, about $3 a pop :-/ They have awesome results, though. They blend really well and you don't get those annoying streaks.

If you're feeling adventurous, I'd suggest painting. Watercolours are really fun especially if you're into the cartoony style of shading. That'd be because watercolour is a translucent medium; you lay down layers of colours to get your dark>light tones. They can be kinda difficult to control.

I'm pretty sure you've used acrylics before - they dry quickly which allows you to paint in layers, they don't blend as well...and they're an opaque and rather thick. I didn't really like them. I'm used to being able to follow lineart, and you can't do that with acrylics, really.

Now oil paints are amusing. A few days ago I finished a landscape and I can't tell you how much fun it was. ^____________^ They're really thick and greasy, and you can't control them that well... :-/ They don't dry easily though so you can blend the colours well and touch it up even days later. They're perfect for rather abstract stuff.

As for pastels...I never really liked them. :/

The last choice would be digital colouring. This is fun, no mess, no clean-up, the drawing doesn't get worn and torn...but you need the right software for it, and maybe even a tablet. I'd suggest you try traditional mediums before using this...practice with the traditional stuff makes you better in digital. It can be very versatile, you can get all sorts of effects you couldn't normally accomplish. I really like when artists touch up let's say, a watercolour painting and give it these effects they coloudn't possibly get. It looks marvelous. And if you're scared, there's always the undo button.

And now I'm rambling. ;;>.>

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i still just stick with pencil and paper...
easiest cheapest material.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I really appreciate your help, Kittie. I think that I will be having a lot of fun soon. I imagine I'll start in on my colored pencil stuff first, then maybe graduate to markers. If I must move on to higher things, I now know where to start!