• Yes

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I've wanted to post my artwork on the web for sometime, and I'd like to see what others think of it. You of course can see my sig, which is my own.

Here is another creature of mine. yes, those are swastikas. I am not a Nazi. This monster is.

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Very interesting work (except for the nazi symbols).

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
They weren't Nazi before the Nazi used them, so I see no problem at all in using them in a drawing.

I only think that his left foot is a little crooked, like our admin.

Other than that, it is bloody awesome :)

His eyes are that small white spot between his mouth and his helmet, right? What did ou base yourself on to do this? Naga from WarCraft III?

On a side note, I think you should also attach the bigger file of your signature.

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I didnt say there is a problem with using nazi symbols in drawings. I just said I dont like them, even in monsters. They make monsters look less cool:D

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That's fairly poor. Keep trying.

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
wtf its just some sketches and i think u went too far with the nazi symbols but there funny as hell. it shows that germans and aliens will co-exist peacfully as long as they both kepp there nazi ways

Kitty

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Well, it seems pretty good for the most part...you seem to know what you're doing.

Next step is to add more shading with deeper contrast, and shade in a way that will emphasize the form of the object you're shading.

I couldn't find anything I liked, so here's a 5min sketch, it's more fun that full-fledged pictures. >.>

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Kittie, what kind of media is that?
marker-smudging?
if i had a camera or something i could put tons of hand-drawings up here that ive done..
about 70% of them are WC re-created drawings..
just about any drawing Samwise from Blizzard has done, i have re-created it.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
The Dark Archon, did you?

Kitty

Reaction score
Pains Requiem said:
Kittie, what kind of media is that?
marker-smudging?
if i had a camera or something i could put tons of hand-drawings up here that ive done..
about 70% of them are WC re-created drawings..
just about any drawing Samwise from Blizzard has done, i have re-created it.
As if real media could ever get lines that clean. :p You'd have to really skilled to manage something like that.

It's Photoshop, but it still counts as hand-drawn...since it was my hand that was holing the tablet pen. :D

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oh :p
i can do sketches and full-scale drawings and shading and stuff like that perfectly but oil-pastels own :D
i did this picture of jonathon davis from Korn as a art project last year with pastels as the media.. the paper i used was like 4 feet long and like 2.5 wide..
hands got a bit messy..
i want photoshop now..

oh, when it comes to paint and/or water colors, i suck balls.
i made a 92 last year in art1, and now a 98 in art2..
the paintings kept me from getting 100...

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
TrongaMonga said:
His eyes are that small white spot between his mouth and his helmet, right? What did ou base yourself on to do this? Naga from WarCraft III?

On a side note, I think you should also attach the bigger file of your signature.
For one, no he has no eyes. (Alien inspired)
For another, I'll see about the larger sig file.
For yet another, I'm making a calendar for my friends that is comprised of many of my characters. I did two of the drawings last night, so I'll post them next chance I have. I'd do it now, but I'm using a school comp at the moment and I don't have them with me.

And in response to Kittie, I don't normally shade much. I'm not spectacular at it, and I feel my poor job of it takes away from the quality, so usually I don't even try. Lately I have been a little more, like on my sig of my Forum IDsake, J'kar.

TO COME:
J'kar's sister, R'kaia (Modelled after a friend)
Katherynne, a Naga chick who hangs out with the DrachenFeuers. (Modelled after my girlfriend)

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
lmfao. cr0t = not the best artist here ^^;

kittie gj on that pic seein how i cant even do that in ps or in real life for that matter.. my hands shake when i try to draw a line ^^;

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Here we go... MORE STUFF!

First of all, yes I have the enlarged version of my sig.
Secondly, R'kaia is J'kar's sister, and one of my favorites. Katherynne is a Naga warrior who hangs out with them. The other two pics are of a new character who I have decided is actually J'kar and R'kaia's father. He is full-blooded demon and likes to take on this form. I'm working on a full-body pic of him as we speak. I am calling him Beliar, which is from Bloodrayne and I think is a damned cool name.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
1st and 2nd were best, 3rd pic, the face is messed up looking to me. looks like you erased there and try to redraw it and make the lins darker to keep focus off the erased lines, or you like sharpened your pencil, cause it looks like a finer point compared to everything else. it stand out too much and seems to draw away from the rest of the picture
that why when i sharpen a pencil i always break the very very tip

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Ahh, good idea. Yeah, I did mess up a bit on R'kaia. Her lips didn't look right the first time, so I erased them and redrew them.

What do you think of Beliar? I'm kind of proud of him.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
eh- im going to be blunt with you.
beliar looks like he imcomplete- no shading or anything- just a contour outline drawing. to me, he looks TOO exagerated to be veiwed as a 'sane' drawing ( im really into art so bare with me how i say things)
you put, i think, too many horns, and the grining face doesnt seem to fit the character your trying to draw.
i think maybe you should turn the corners of his mouth down t give him more of a scouring face and maybe do simple shading, like around the bases of the horns and spikes, and maybe put some shade on his chest to bring it out some, to make him look a little more buff.
it just seem too imcomplete to me.

when i first started drawing my basic look was like beliar..
its good, but it just reminds me of some of the stuff i drew when i first started that I (me, not your drawing) thought was crap that everyone else liked, but didnt please me.
i found that just adding small shaded lines around curves and stuff like that make the drawing a bit more, well..
dont know how to say it but to me it satifys me more..
anyway, thats just when it comes to drawing profiles of various creatures

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I appreciate the input. I think you'll like the one I'm working on. It's a bit more "horny" (sorry) on his arm, but it's heavily shaded. That's why it's taking a while. If you want, I could scan it and post it so you can see it so far.