2 Unit Showdown (or the 10 Food Showdown)

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
If you picked 2 units (of the same race) and had them fight against other, which one would be the best???

I personally think that the Battlecrusier / Science Vessel would be the overall best (of course, there's no way it can beat all combos)...

Another one is the 10 Food Fight, in which you get 10 food to get units and do the same thing as above...

No idea what would be the top though...

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
If you picked 2 units (of the same race) and had them fight against other, which one would be the best???
Carrier + Dark Archon. Bubye.

Another one is the 10 Food Fight, in which you get 10 food to get units and do the same thing as above...
One Ultralisk, one Hydralisk, one Defiler and six Zerglings. Bubye. Or maybe not, it's quiet easy to beat...

Hmm, I'll get back to you later.

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
One Ghost, one Nuclear Missile, one Medic, :p.

As for two units, Science Vessel and battelcruiser are indeed great combinantions for terran.. For Protoss, it should be Arbiter and Dark Templar. The opponent will own the Arbiter, then they cry and shout '0mfg wtf h4x" as your Dark Templar remains cloaked. This will confuse them to no end until they give up playing StarCraft and admit your awesome skills..

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
That's why I said Dark Archon and Carrier ;)

Mind Control, and now it's a 3v1

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
With mine, you'd take my Arbiter and still see nothing! My Dark templar will own your Dark Archon as you sit there incredibly confused and end up having your Carrier and Arbiter killing each other trying to see if I'm keeping a unit hidden underneath one of them, it's flawless! :p.

Dark Archon works well, unless you start with only 50/66 energy depending on the upgrades and how the unit is placed. High Templar would be an interesting choice with Hallucination, except they'll know everything is a hallucination unless you have the Dark Archon with it or have one of the same units at the beginning.

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
5 wraiths

not invincible, but cloak is nice, and the fact that its air.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well then 2 dark archons :)

even if you kill one i still got the other to mc with :)

10 food huh... well or the hell of it i'll max out on 1 obs and the rest on dts :) just to mess arond

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Lord of Nukes said:
With mine, you'd take my Arbiter and still see nothing! My Dark templar will own your Dark Archon as you sit there incredibly confused and end up having your Carrier and Arbiter killing each other trying to see if I'm keeping a unit hidden underneath one of them, it's flawless! :p.

Dark Archon works well, unless you start with only 50/66 energy depending on the upgrades and how the unit is placed. High Templar would be an interesting choice with Hallucination, except they'll know everything is a hallucination unless you have the Dark Archon with it or have one of the same units at the beginning.
Maelstrom does reveal cloaked units.

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
...Then I'll ruhn as fast as I can with my Dark Templar and you won't follow it because you can't see it. Then you'll be screwed because you won't know why you don't win, :p.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
One trained eye can indeed see a cloaked unit. What he can't do is to attack it, but maelstrom reveals you, and off you go :p

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
I would definitely not get Dark Templar, due to its ground-only abilities, what if you were against the BC/ Science Vessel? Then you would stand no chance whatsoever...I think the Dark Archon / Carrier is actually really good, but if the Science Vessel could hit it with EMP before the Mind Control (or Feedback...OWWW), the Dark Archon would be owned, and plus, EMP+Yamato is a total of 410 damage to the carrier, devastating due to the fact it has 450 total...hmmm that Dark Archon is really good...but of course nothing is perfect, becuase a Medic/Goliath could beat the Science Vessel/ Battlecruiser...

For the 10 Food one, I would pick between a Defiler, Science Vessel, and Dark Archon, because spells are invaluable. But I think I would stick with Zerg... (2 Defilers, 2 Zerglings, 5 Hydralisks...) I think...I gotta go, the bell just rang...Gotta go to MATH!!!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
How exactly would a medic and a goliath beat the SV/BC combo? :D

Either way, EMP's easy to dodge, and feedback's range is huge (same as Yamato). Two Feedbacks, and no more mana for both the BC and the SV (and one dead SV, too). So, feedback and MC the BC, and there you go. Total time, two seconds (hey, the game's got to load first).

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
Blind the SV and BC, then the Goliath will rape the BC, it should work anyway...It should work against the Carrier / Arbiter too...

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
I would definitely not get Dark Templar, due to its ground-only abilities, what if you were against the BC/ Science Vessel? Then you would stand no chance whatsoever...
My Arbiter/Dark Templar confusion strategy was a joke, :p.

Blind the SV and BC, then the Goliath will rape the BC, it should work anyway...It should work against the Carrier / Arbiter too...
Right when taking damage, the Battlecruiser will see the Goliath for about half a second. It could get a shot in if it is facing the Goliath, so you'd have to be careful with it.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It'd still hit it if the BC yamato'd the Goliath. It goes trough fog of war no problem.

Zerglite

Reaction score
TrongaMonga said:
Maelstrom does reveal cloaked units.
it only reveals non-mechanical units

Maelstrom doesnt work on tanks, goons, and the like

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
A Dark Templar is not mechanical, as far as I recall...

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Yeah, I think so :p

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
Ok, a couple of things, 5 Wraiths is for the 10 food limit, and not for the 2 unit one, but ok, how about we substitiute the Goliath for a Wraith? Just blind the Science Vessel and in goes your cloaked Wraith...go right for the BC. Anyways, Maelstorm reveals biological units if they are hit by it, however, it doesn't last very long...For a 10 Food limit, iono, 5 Wraiths isn't bad...cept against ground...