Zero Clutter maps: Yes, I know, there not "real" maps, but they're everywhere so...

Crimson-Shade

Member!
Reaction score
What's ur favorite strategy to use in zero clutter maps? ive been going mass marine for my last couple games on ZC maps. they're so versatile and when you get 100 marines bunched together, not only do they make good food for lurkers :p (im smarter than that though, i got scan on hotkey :p) but interceptors are friggin helpless against that firepower.

also, most ZC players on regular 128x128 3v3 match games non-island just go mass goon, hydra or some other standard race attack unit. mass rine just chews all that up with medic support. the only unit that can really make a stand up to mass rine mid-game is the lurker, tanks... and the bc in late-game, but if my enemies have lasted this long (and they haven't yet) i will have switched to mass bc by that time.

i usually just attack with 120+rine and med in mid game. easy to do when you have 15 barracks in the middle of the map with relay points where ur attacking in order to replenish heavy rine losses. that's the only downside though... if u dont keep pumping marines and meds, ur whole strat goes down under the higher hit points and attack of the goon and hydra.

any other colorful strats?

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Non-money maps have also(recently) became about the sheer power of macro so it's no big deal.
BTW, are u doing better on island maps?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
200 overlords filled with 200 hydras fully upged, gg.

exobyte

Member!
Reaction score
How could you kill all those innocent drones, ntrik?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
He's asian.

My favorite Strategy, which sucks but it's still fun, is to find enemy Zerg players, send zerglings into their base, and find an area of creep they cant visibly see. Then plant a Nidus Canal on it and let lose tons of Ultralisks and Zerglings fully upgraded. Works well with Maphack and it's funny to see them get pounded by brute ground forces. :D

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
He's asian.

My favorite Strategy, which sucks but it's still fun, is to find enemy Zerg players, send zerglings into their base, and find an area of creep they cant visibly see. Then plant a Nidus Canal on it and let lose tons of Ultralisks and Zerglings fully upgraded. Works well with Maphack and it's funny to see them get pounded by brute ground forces. :D
no DM, you send enemy like bunch of lings and some defilar, dark swarm to distract enemy and then make canal, sned in bunch of ultras and hydras ftw!! :D

Crimson-Shade

Member!
Reaction score
Phoenix2003 said:
Non-money maps have also(recently) became about the sheer power of macro so it's no big deal.
BTW, are u doing better on island maps?
any 1v1,2v2,3v3 island maps im good as long as my partners are good but on FFA islands, i still suck. i just can't do it!

sure, ill annhiliate one, two, three people but the one loner guy who does nothing the whole game sweeps up with 24 carriers or bcs

sigh... i just dont have that kind of patience so screw FFA island maps!!

oh, i expand on the nydus strat. i make like 12 nydus' in the enemy base :)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
NtRik_ said:
no DM, you send enemy like bunch of lings and some defilar, dark swarm to distract enemy and then make canal, sned in bunch of ultras and hydras ftw!! :D
That works too. I tricked a guy once bysending in 24 zerglings and 3 ultras and then I typed, ''Shit, I need to bring the rest of my melee units.'' then they would hear and focus on them more and expect them from one side while I would be building a Nydus Canal and Hydralisks and Difilers waiting. It was funny because the guy asked me where my melee units went. I told him, ''I just sent them, I guess they were ranged units afterall. Cool huh?'' :p

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
once i massed overlords and drones and attacked on a money map.

another time me and ryan were going to BS this guy in a money map and he sends like ****ing 400 overlords to our bases and we are like wtf... and he keeps saying wtf why dont they attack dont they hit you with those tentacle thingy's and we're laughing like easy win and suddenly... ****ing massed hydras come up out of nowhere and kill us both.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I always wanted to do that. Mass overlords as a decoy and flood the enemy, then send the actual grioup with my army inside them and dfrop them in the midst of the overlord chunk that I made. I think it would be fun to see someone so confused. :p

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Akule said:
once i massed overlords and drones and attacked on a money map.

another time me and ryan were going to BS this guy in a money map and he sends like ****ing 400 overlords to our bases and we are like wtf... and he keeps saying wtf why dont they attack dont they hit you with those tentacle thingy's and we're laughing like easy win and suddenly... ****ing massed hydras come up out of nowhere and kill us both.
Which realm? My friend does that in money maps to people lol

2much4u

Reaction score
yep all i play is either 2v2zcnr20 or 3v3zcnr20. They are way more fun especially with the nr rule. Its cool to make elaborate defenses and controling mass armies against mass armies. Its also fun probably because iv perfected winning and i cant seem to lose. trust me if u think ur good play against me on these maps.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Crimson-Shade said:
What's ur favorite strategy to use in zero clutter maps? ive been going mass marine for my last couple games on ZC maps. they're so versatile and when you get 100 marines bunched together, not only do they make good food for lurkers :p (im smarter than that though, i got scan on hotkey :p) but interceptors are friggin helpless against that firepower.

also, most ZC players on regular 128x128 3v3 match games non-island just go mass goon, hydra or some other standard race attack unit. mass rine just chews all that up with medic support. the only unit that can really make a stand up to mass rine mid-game is the lurker, tanks... and the bc in late-game, but if my enemies have lasted this long (and they haven't yet) i will have switched to mass bc by that time.

i usually just attack with 120+rine and med in mid game. easy to do when you have 15 barracks in the middle of the map with relay points where ur attacking in order to replenish heavy rine losses. that's the only downside though... if u dont keep pumping marines and meds, ur whole strat goes down under the higher hit points and attack of the goon and hydra.

any other colorful strats?
A few reaves and it's gg for you :p :D

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Reavers be mighty slow though but they would make a blood pile of rines... if they didnt just run around the reavers

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anyone ever beat 300 cracklings?

Then pop in a few lurkers just to use some gas.

PowerPPower

Member!
Reaction score
i just like to make gd defence and send carriers to get cc/nexus/hatch at ffa
then my enemies ll lack of money then crash by me(i ll do this only in ffa)