Wut are brute force programs?

HipHopHobo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
They are programs that connect to a server on a specific port and try muiliple passwords and usernames a minute.

Which will eat up bandwith and cause server lag.

robinator08

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.w3.to
there's more to that to brute force progs. some are meant to attach forms and some for games like b-net.

Somniphobic

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Think of it like a Pindlebot... leave it running long enough, and you MIGHT get something. Odds are against it though.

And like a bot, blizz might decide to ban your cdkey/ip (hence the necessity of a proxy)... although I'm not sure about this part, just realize that there are risks.

PyroKid

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
bruteforcers are kindof inneffective. they hardly work and people will just call you a script kiddie if you use them. in some cases they are useful. but if its a job for hacking, then let hacking do the job.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Bruteforcers are programs that try to collect the accountname and password for a specific server you tell it to. Nuff said.

Radium

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Bruteforcers don't work on Battle.net period. After 5 incorrect password attempts, they get disconnected. You have to go around 10,000 tries to get a password, do you realize how long that will take??? Just send the guy a trojan, much easier, and faster

Destard

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
u should really circulate ur proxies for brute forcing or they will get ur a.ss and trust me that is not very amusing

VooDoo22007

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I beleive you cannot use brute force on diablo, because it has to be a site that has a log in/password box ONLY. Search for Munga Bunga's HTTP Brute Force. I have that one, it works quite nicely, and quick if you have cable/dsl, but if you have 56k it will take up to 60 hours to complete a dictionary of my size, if you want the site and a site to get a better dictionary just pm me, i will send you a link. (when i had norton 2003 I scanned Munga Bunga's Brute force and it turned up clean)