Would it ruin D2...

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well... I have been bored out of my brains all day long so i said screw it, lets start makin some Modules. I got bored with that because I couldn't think of some ideas so I went to meh neighbors n got kinda messed up and came back over here to my house. I started messin around with some packets while levelin on HCL. Now I am sure everyone knows that on HCL people use an Enchantress(Sorc made only for enchanting usually has level 35+ enchant) to level with because you can get level 20 in 20 minutes or less. It gives a level 1 character 2k damage with level 30 enchant. Well, i mistyped a packet pretty badly:loopy on accident and it changed something on my screen(not saying what). I was like WTF!? So i exited game and came back BUT I still had enchant when I came back:sly . Now this is great and all, but if i made this into a module and released to public it would probably ruin the Diablo II Hardcore community because people in dueling games would ALWAYS use it and just join a dueling game after they get enchanted. So I would like everyone to tell me their ideas on this issue.

Strongest_Claw

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You should make it and release it. I would even use it on softcore ladder as leveling to 20 is the hardest part. :)

xXLordSlippyXx

Member!
Reaction score
Mabye

Well, it would most likely be a big deal for about the first week (if you released it) but I'm sure Blizzard would patch it in less then a week.

bigginz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well I think it would solve the problem in SC of getting to 20, cuz god knows thats a pain in the ass, but also there is a huge possibility that u will destroy HC dueling, but if everyone is doing it then everyone will also be equal. So it's really your choice or not to release it, but thats just my view on it :)

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
@Blizz patching it LMAO
if you release it, it will help get past tuffest lvls in no time, i think you should release it just to see if anything does try to get done to stop it :)

your sig is humongus slippy

bigginz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol dust that sounds like a typical response, bu to me it seems like wats the point in releasing it if its gonna get patched while he could still take advantage of it himself, but hey were all entitled to out opinion :D

::EDIT::
Seriously slippy ur lagging up the whole page, plz change ur sig

X

xjMaN88lx

release it dude i just started HC and died at lvl 14 bc i attempted lvling haha

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
no you shouldn't release it

yes it would make leveling easier
yes it would be abused as hell

btw: are you sure that the enchant-xtra-dmg actually works? have you tried it in pvp ie? cuz it is possible to get a level 35 enchant at c-lvl 1 by changing client-side values ...

edit: Lord Slippy your sig is too big please change it to:

Lenght: 550 pixels
Height: 200 pixels
Max file size: 30 KB

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes, I am sure, and I have tried. Only one problem though... It only works on sorceress'. I am currently trying to find a way to make it work with other characters such as barb or pally so I may kill everybody in a duel.

F

FiRelOOp

Originally posted by 4n0nym0us3 n00b13
Yes, I am sure, and I have tried. Only one problem though... It only works on sorceress'. I am currently trying to find a way to make it work with other characters such as barb or pally so I may kill everybody in a duel.
du wirst schön deine kleine fresse halten und das ding für dich behalten ansonsten passieren dir dinge, die außerhalb deines kleinen beschränkten horzontes liegen, du geistiger diabetiker!

waaaghboss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Deaths fathom, ormus robes, fire facets, damn you could get your enchant pretty high, would make bowazons viable again >_>

Lets see, 40% from death, 15% from ormus, 3 socket helm with 3 fire facets is around 15%, 4 socket monach with 3 facets is another 20%, toss facets in the ormus and death for an extra 10%,,,,,,

100% would double your 3k enchant,,,,,,,,O_O 6k fire dmg (maybe with the -fire resists) on a bowazon with a fast fast multishot bow tearing up cows,,,,,

Gotta realease it, youd save the bowazon :D

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Saving the bowazon... killing every other char, lmao. Found what I did wrong, I typed the packet after I enchanted instead of before, so yes it works on all characters. I look up to Starfish, he has been a giant role model to my D2HackIt Module making so since he said it would ruin D2 this module will NOT be released. This is actually a very simple packet that D2 members found out about half a year ago, I just used it in a different way. (Note: If you do find how to do it, please do not release it to anybody but friends, it would make it so much harder for me to kill all these level 60's on HCL while I am a level 9 necromancer with golem, 2 skele, and mercenary)

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by FiRelOOp
du wirst schön deine kleine fresse halten und das ding für dich behalten ansonsten passieren dir dinge, die außerhalb deines kleinen beschränkten horzontes liegen, du geistiger diabetiker!
in english: you're gonna keep that hack for yourself or things will happen which are far behind your little horizon (means: things will happen which you cant even imagine), you diabetiker (no idea what the english word is, it's that famous "sugar-disease")

@ FiRelOOp: Wie wärs wennde mir mal erklärt was das soll? Ist seine entscheidung

(means: how about telling us what the hell that is supposed to mean? it's up to him)

@4n0nym0us3: keeping it private is the right thing to do, releasing it would make closed bnet come one step closer to open bnet, just sit back and chill, you've got something that is very rare: a usefull private hack ;)

Flaming_Newbie

Member!
Reaction score
I recall somting like this being posted a few mounts back... somting about a lvl 9 zon killing lvl 30's with enchant.....