Women Beware: I am Man

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
This was a fun paper I wrote while in a required English class for my Associate of Science. Enjoy ;) I really want you people to tear it appart and do as you please.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
^what is with you and longass speech/essay/post

could sumone summarize this in a few sentence plz :p

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
If you could summarize what I had in that essay in one sentance, you would have to be an inhuman force (GOD, Angel, Satan, or Demon). Let's just say it's a long article on two women's opinions on rape. It's a lot more complicated than that, however.

Magikarp

Reaction score
This is much better than the last essay you posted in AS =P. It feels much more complete: the transitions are better, you construct a good contrasting viewpoint, and nice word usage.

Ok, Ill try to epitomize this article: bamthedoc basically takes the opinions of two females who have both publishes works on the issue of men raping women. The most extremist one (if you will), is Paglia, who takes this position.

Paglia is of the opinion that all men are pigs and will, therefore, take advantage of women whenever they can
Jacoby, another "feminist," I suppose, basically claims that Paglia is wrong, and that many men are decent people.

bamthedoc sides with Jacoby and offers a good critique on Paglia. Paglia captures the essence of "Hasty Generalizations," in an alarming article.

I recommend you read bamthedoc's actual work. Its pretty good, if your interested in rape.

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
That was surprisingly interesting to read. I like Jacoby's take on rape better; it's unreasonable to assume that all men are rapists and should be feared :p

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
Wow this is how I exactly feel. Very interesting. This is how exactly I see men.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
which side? the men are animals side? or the men are normal people side?

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Paglia, has issues. She was either abused/raped when she was younger. Or someone raised her from childhood with very biased views. I find it unresonable hearing her tell me that i'm apparently a animal built to rape women. (I have no urge to rape anyone :) ) Like i said, i think she or somone close to her had a bad experience and she went a lil extreme on subject

Magikarp

Reaction score
*Comes home after his daily rapage*

Honey, Im home to rape you! Despite the fact that men have created thousands of inventions, ideas, and societies, we all just live for the euphoric thrill of raping! Forget logical explanation! We are all rapists!