Website
Visit site
alot of people do,but sadly there arn't much topics anymore :(

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Ya, it's a very old game. Most of the discussable content has been discussed to the point of insanity. That, and people are mostly playing it rather then posting about it here for that reason, or playing a more updated game like World of WarCraft. :-/

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Is this the REAL Nal_Ra?! :D

Yes, SC is a very old game. Its been played times over and over. All strats have been posted and the topics get stale, like a lightly salted cracker. Like DarkMatter stated, everything has been discussed to the point of insanity. Really, there isn't anything new.

aphextwin

Reaction score
i quit cuz my sc buddy went back to france

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
Many people also converted to playing WarCraft III and World of WarCraft. I don't play often anymore because I do other things, but I still post on StarCraft forums to keep myself updated on things happening to the StarCraft communities.

Is this the REAL Nal_Ra?!
That's one thing that sucks about the internet, you can't really know.

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
I shall forever stand by Starcraft's side, I have alot of people in my school who claim that Starcraft has terrible graphics compared to Warcraft III, but face it, Starcraft is over 10 years old (well almost) and I think the graphics rock even compared to Warcraft III, which looks SOOO MESSY. People then bring up Age of Empires, OMG!! I aBOSOLUTElY DeTeST THAT GAME! Starcraft has an amazing gameplay, hard-to-foget sounds and a kickass campaign editor (especially if u use Xtra or SF) and in my opinion, is the best RTS to grace this land.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Nal_rA said:
No, i am not real rA , just his fans
lol, I thought that was obvious the moment you posted.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Two years ago, whenever you searched anything about StarCraft, BattleForums would be one of the first search results. That's because we had a Google Spider hack that turns each of our threads into a seperate website so Google can spider thousands of threads and people can be directed to those threads and register and ask questions, you get the drift. Now we have most of our old threads stuck in the Archives forum due to an incident, so Google won't spider as much threads and since Google won't spider as much threads, we have less guests viewing these forums.

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
Lwek said:
Two years ago, whenever you searched anything about StarCraft, BattleForums would be one of the first search results. That's because we had a Google Spider hack that turns each of our threads into a seperate website so Google can spider thousands of threads and people can be directed to those threads and register and ask questions, you get the drift. Now we have most of our old threads stuck in the Archives forum due to an incident, so Google won't spider as much threads and since Google won't spider as much threads, we have less guests viewing these forums.

OOO!! So thats what happens, cuz when im bored i just type in "darkmischief" in the google engine, and some forums have like all my posts while others dont have any...intertsing

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Lwek said:
Can't we fix that? Or what?

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
The things that seem very simple can be very hard... unfortuanately this is probably the case for that but I could be wrong it could be very easy but everyones to lazy to do it lol

PauseBreak

Reaction score
T.J. The Weird One said:
The things that seem very simple can be very hard... unfortuanately this is probably the case for that but I could be wrong it could be very easy but everyones to lazy to do it lol
Don't even get me started on that! Oh man, you ask x42bn6 about my rant. lol.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
sure if u like to sort out thousands among thounds of threads

all teh old sc posters left :(

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
And what makes it harder is that it doesn't log the thread if it's been move by the moderator control panel(What coRtALoS did). Whenever a moderator edits or moves or splits a thread, it records that down under the moderator notes in a thread, but it doesn't do that when you use the moderator control panel to mass move threads. Thus making it harder to move threads in the archive back to their respective forum.
I've helped move a lot of thread(why the UMS forum has over 1000 threads), but it's a lengthy process. You first got to search for the thread, click on the thread, read the thread to make sure it's not crap, then click on the move thread button, select the right forum, click ok, and then press back a few times to view the search results. Repeat thousands of times.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Ya, we're trying to find a resolve for this and many other problems in Staff. It's a tough battle. :-/
aha Battlestaff doing anything but bitch? UNLIKELY!

Yeah I syill play SC from time to time... but most of my friends have moved on to WoW