Who else really thinks the map editor is a bitch???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Warchief

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
GOOD GOD, the war3 map editor has the be the most annoying map editing software made by blizzard to date! The sc map editor was so much easier, and war3 is *ucking brain surgery in this department... if you agree leave some reading material

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Ok the map editor is extremely gay. i can place units and shit, i can edit units, input units make edit and delete units, i can import sound files, but i cant make a guy move to a region, start a cinematic scene or even send a **** text message. damn trigger editor

Reaction score
Website
WWW.StickDeath.Com
I actually found the editor quite an easy maker. The trouble is that there are just SO many options. If you want to make a guy move set your waypoints. To have popup text do the trigger "WAIT X SECONDS THEN DO ACTION" triggers. you can also add sound, small wave files, all kinds of things. A good thing to do is take any map you want to remake or new version and look how it is set up. Follow the triggers from there. If your trying to make a new game try printing out each trigger page so you know where each one lies. I am currently working on a TD game but I am remaking the whole thing. New map, new characters, I just have to learn all the triggers. just keep trying and you will get it soon.

Aldur

Reaction score
Website
www.wciii.com
bitchy, bitchy map editor

Ya! I totally agree! The map editor for starcraft was easy, u declared some stuff like where u wanted the people's bases, and their starting units and stuff. War3's map editor is REALLY hard to use for me. I havent looked at any manuals on it or anything, but i usually get the hang of stuff like this. Not for Warcraft III! I tried to just make a regular map, and the damn terrain got SO annoying. I totally agree with u and think Blizzard should have made the terrain editor easier :(

PsYcHoTiC

Premium Member
Reaction score
Once you learn it, it is such an incredible tool! Unfortunately I'm far from being even a newbie to the editor. I agree with you all, it will take some time

Bo0gEr

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Mr.Warchief
GOOD GOD, the war3 map editor has the be the most annoying map editing software made by blizzard to date! The sc map editor was so much easier, and war3 is *ucking brain surgery in this department... if you agree leave some reading material
It is so gay i mean the F***er wont let you do shit. :mad: I mean god its easy to place units and such but the trigger editor is load of bull shit!:mad: bull shit

war3man

Premium Member
Reaction score
****in gay map editor lol i made a mistake by putting army mode or sumthin i did and when i click to put doown a unit bam there go about 12 units haha

B

BlueberryHaze

Personally i think you guys are all retarted... the map editor isnt even made by Blizzard. And sure its more complex than the point and click map editors from previous games, but its still pretty damn easy to figure out... even for a massive pothead like myself.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It's damn fun once you get the hang of it. I've made one damn cool FFA map where the heroes can get to Level 5 in 5 minutes: quantity, not quality! E.g. I have 14 Murloc Tiderunners guarding a gold mine instead of stuff like Nerubian Queens.

ragnarok_99

Reaction score
You must be kidding or alot stupid!
this editer is wwaaaaayyyyyyy too easy to use!
I made ffopenrpg4.0 and 4.1 like nothing!
omg incompetents.....

Status
Not open for further replies.