Which new age games will be remembered as classics?

Whaturmuva

Eating the souls of children
Reaction score
Website
aqua-teen.com
What games that are out now will go down the line of Super Mario Bros, Pacman, Frogger...etc.

In my opinion Resident Evil has a good chance of going down as a classic, as does the hugely successful FPS by the name of Halo.

What do you believe to be so?

AnimalCracker

In your Soup
Reaction score
I could stand Behind Resident evil becoming a classic
Depends though on if your referring to the first couple or the newer ones

I'd like to see Fallout or Oblivion become classics,
its a game i would pass on down to future generations

Dope-Man

Reaction score
I could stand Behind Resident evil becoming a classic
Depends though on if your referring to the first couple or the newer ones

I'd like to see Fallout or Oblivion become classics,
its a game i would pass on down to future generations

i think fallout 3 and oblivion will become classics aswell.

Nickman13

Reaction score
The Call of Duty Franchise is going to be remembered as a classic because they have millions of fans. They also are very revolutionary in the game type that they've made. No FPS Game has ever been so inventive.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
I won't say the entire COD franchise, but COD Modern Warfare will definitely be remembered. Maybe NBA2K11. I hear a lot of love for Crackdown and Fight Night 3. Red Dead Redemption and perhaps some iteration of Mortal Kombat.

BOBDOB

Reaction score
I agree with the COD comments. I think to not call that game a classic would be doing it a massive disservice. It is without a doubt the most popular game of this generation. I personally do not like it but in terms of the wider context it is THE game of the this generation. Although it doesn't have the memorable Mario or Zelda, it's name alone cause a reaction, sometimes good, sometimes bad but ALWAYS a reaction. Think of it as the John Cena of the gaming world.

Vigorix

Reaction score
Definitely have to agree with Call of Duty, especially Modern Warfare. Also I would have to say Company of Heroes could be a classic for strategy games.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Definitely have to agree with Call of Duty, especially Modern Warfare. Also I would have to say Company of Heroes could be a classic for strategy games.
Call of Duty for sure, Battlefield as well. Bad Company 2 was one of the best campaigns and multiplayer I have ever experienced. For Call of Duty I would have to say Modern Warfare 2 was their best title, but being long franchises, they will both go down in history.

Other than that I am hard pressed to find other games that were meaningful enough or had a large enough following to become "classics".

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I think Fall Out 3 and Oblivion have a chance to go down as classics. Is Counter Strike to old to be considered? That is a pretty classic FPS.

makingloot

Reaction score
The Call of Duty Franchise is going to be remembered as a classic because they have millions of fans. They also are very revolutionary in the game type that they've made. No FPS Game has ever been so inventive. COD Modern Warfare will definitely be remembered. Maybe NBA2K11. I hear a lot of love for Crackdown and Fight Night 3. Red Dead Redemption and perhaps some iteration of Mortal Kombat.

Bloomatic

Member!
Reaction score
It's a bit difficult to choose a game, since we are contemporary to them all. I think the first version of Half Life is destined to become a true classic of all time, at least in the category of FPS. Another game, only in the group of strategy games, is the Age of Empires. The latter has been a revolution in the category of strategy and opened the way for many games that would come years later.

ACSAPA

Member!
Reaction score
I think God of War and Oblivion are future classics. Maybe Ninja Gaiden too. God of War is certainly special and memorable and I would definitely pass it on to my grandkids.

ACSAPA

Member!
Reaction score
Doh! It's ironic that I have a Seung Mina avatar and didn't mention the Soul Calibur series. The Soul Calibur series has been around for ,like, 14 years, I don't think it'll be forgotten and it's a possible future classic.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
I'd agree with God of War. That was one of the reasons I bought a PS3 to play the series.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
It would be mostly big budget games and "maybe" some smaller/ mid budget games that will get that accolade.

I vote for Uncharted, Mass Effect, and Demon Souls to get the "classic" title at some point.

Esperahol

Reaction score
The Assasin Creed series, Silent Hill series, probably God of War series, and dang near anything from Bethsheda.