Which console are you looking forward to getting?

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Even though it's obvious that PC gaming is preferred, there are still some games that work really well on a console, so therefore, you need one. Which one are you looking to get the most?

I will definitely be getting the new XBox and very shortly after, if not at its release. The PS4 will be sitting at the store for a bit, most likely until the first price drop or the slim and that price drop hits. The Wii U will need a price drop and the color black or red before it will make an appearance in my home.

What about you?

Aegis

Reaction score
As it stands, I'm not too impressed with the Wii U. As for the Sony, the Vita was a huge disappointment for me, and if it's any sign of things to come the future of Playstation is bleak. Microsoft has already had their Xbox 720 (Or Xbox 8, depending on who you ask) information leak and it too is pretty unimpressive. I think the next generation of consoles will actually be a highlight for PC gaming, and this is coming from an avid console gamer-- having owned nearly ever system since the N64.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
What did you find lacking about the XBox leaked details? Most people don't believe the documents, but you would be the first that I've heard on being disappointed in what they read.

Metool

Reaction score
I'm not sure why it's getting so much hate, but I'm really looking forward to purchasing a Vita. I'd like to think I'm not a Sony fanboy, but from what I've seen, I'm one of the few people who actually thoroughly like the Playstation Vita.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
I don't have any hate for the Vita, I just have no love for portable games consoles. I had a GameBoy as a kid and tired of it quickly. Even the games on my phone go through times of love and attention and the usual times of just taking up room on my phone. So, I'd never pay that kind of money for a Vita. Having said that, I love what it is supposed to be and do as far as taking the game with you.

johnTisRad

Reaction score
Generally not everyone prefers PC games I've seen many people prefer the xbox over PC for gaming so I wouldn't necessarily count that as a given. I don't plan on getting the wiU or the ps4, however I plan on getting the xbox720 when it comes out. I do plan on waiting a little bit and allowing the price to go down first to save some money for patience.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Generally not everyone prefers PC games I've seen many people prefer the xbox over PC for gaming so I wouldn't necessarily count that as a given. I don't plan on getting the wiU or the ps4, however I plan on getting the xbox720 when it comes out. I do plan on waiting a little bit and allowing the price to go down first to save some money for patience.
And if we were having discussion on any other board than one that is dedicated first and foremost to PC games, then I would agree with you, but I think on Battleforums I can step out on a limb and say that PC gaming is preferred.

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the PS4.

But what I'm NOT looking forward to is that potential high price. But unfortunately, that's the reality of new tech. I'm just hoping it isn't "break the bank" high.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
You already know that the PS4 will be astronomically priced. They always are. I'd hate to be a PS player first because I'd have to either break the bank or sit and wait for at least a year to get one. I really have to wonder what Microsoft is doing versus Sony in regards to manufacturing these consoles.

EvoDoom

Member!
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the upcoming 'Steam box'. I'm not sure what its official title is, though I do know that it is being produced by Valve and will hook directly up to you internet, and all your games will be downloaded directly onto its internal drive. My only worry for this is that you will only be able to buy from them, and they may sell things at fairly steep prices, thoughts?

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the PS4 personally. I was already interested in it for awhile. But the purchase of Gaikai made me even more interested.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
As it stands, I'm not too impressed with the Wii U. As for the Sony, the Vita was a huge disappointment for me, and if it's any sign of things to come the future of Playstation is bleak. Microsoft has already had their Xbox 720 (Or Xbox 8, depending on who you ask) information leak and it too is pretty unimpressive. I think the next generation of consoles will actually be a highlight for PC gaming, and this is coming from an avid console gamer-- having owned nearly ever system since the N64.
I feel the same way except I have owned since NES. I am unimpressed with the new gen and I may just stick to PC. PC has all the games I play on my consoles anyways. Most of the time I use my ps3 for dvds and netflix only. i haven't played a game for a while and the last game i played was skyrim. i don't think i want to spend 100s on something i wont use.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
I haven't heard about the Steam box, but I am starting to be curious about Ouya. They seem to be putting together something worthwhile and if the actual console is as small as I think it will be, it may find a spot in my home. I'm still waiting and watching, but it could be good for a game or two.

Meow

Member!
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the upcoming 'Steam box'. I'm not sure what its official title is, though I do know that it is being produced by Valve and will hook directly up to you internet, and all your games will be downloaded directly onto its internal drive. My only worry for this is that you will only be able to buy from them, and they may sell things at fairly steep prices, thoughts?
The steam box does seem really cool.

If you've ever used Steam on PC you'd know Valve also prices things VERY competitively, often to the point of being absurdly low with frequent sales, so, no need to worry about prices.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
I guess I will have to Google this Steam Box. Does anyone have a price for it yet?

Meow

Member!
Reaction score
I guess I will have to Google this Steam Box. Does anyone have a price for it yet?
Not even anything confirmed, more or less talks of Valve being interested in designing a console, from what I've heard.

Might be more out now though.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Oh, okay. I'll save that Google search then. :D Not that there are many games that are being played on Steam that I wouldn't have been able to play on a console, but it would've been interesting to see what they were coming up with. Especially since I bought The Orange Box for TF2 only to find out that they pretty much screwed over the 360 community with that portion of the game.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I have not heard of the steam box until now. I actually really enjoy valve games, I'm sure many people do because they are a really good company. I would get this especially because valve has good prices on games. Also if they have the crazy sales like Steam does now, that is even better.

EvoDoom

Member!
Reaction score
I'm not sure on pricing but it was said to be really cheap compared to things like the Xbox and PS3... I have the number $100 in my head but I'm unsure where from, I'll look into it. :)

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
The Ouya is supposed to be $99. That could be the number that you have, but attaching to the Steam Box. But, then again, they could both be $99 as I've heard nothing about the Steam Box, so I wouldn't know their pricing.