What is most versatile race?

hobo_man

Reaction score
I've been thinking and I'm wondering what race you think is most versatile overall.
UD, I find they don't have many units to use. Most UD players mass fiends and maybe necros. Problem: Fiends are only good against air and basically light and unarmored units. They have nothing good against medium armored units except skeleton warriors and Abos (I think)..But you don't get Abos until tier 3 and they're SO expensive.
Humans? I personally think they're the most versatile. Rifles have the range and own basically EVERYTHING. WHatever the rifles can't own, the knights can handle. Rifles= Air and Light, unarmored units. Knights= Medium armored. And knights come at tier 2, which is pretty good.
NightElf...Hmm..Most players I've encountered mass Talons, Huns, or Dryads. Huns and Dryads easily get owned by fiends with their piercing attacks. Talons are basically tanks. Though if you wait to mass dryads and talons, it's not until tier 3 which takes awhile. I personally hate using Nightelf. Reason: They seem to be "Lumber disabled" all the time no matter how many wisps you're putting at work. They seem to rely way too much on ranged attacks and barely any melee.
Orcs. I haven't had much experience with this race. So I don't really have much to say. But the thread below mine about "Which race is best" talking about orcs does interest me.

Comments?

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Since when are Knights t2?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Knights are tier3. You only get Casters, siege, and dhawks at tier 2.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Talons can weaken tanks and tank-like units' armor by 4. But I don't see how they can take damage. They only have like 400 life at master.

Reaction score
I think he means claw, and i dont think NE is lumber disabled... well, maybe at the start of the game, but they make up for it by not ever having to move around, a disadvantage other races could see in a not so short game.

Personally, I love getting D Ranger+Sea B**ch on NE , since with Cold and Black arrow, you get a slowing effect and a minion for every kill, which mean sone easy kill and you get an extra unit for cannon fodder to help get with melee rioting, Ranger also has a ?20? second silence to disable spellcasters and disrupt heros with channeling spells.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
1.Humans
2. Undead
3. Elves
4. Orcs

This is really a teching question.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
AgentFreeLoader said:
I think he means claw, and i dont think NE is lumber disabled... well, maybe at the start of the game
Oh come on. I easily build enough wisps at the start get all the lumber I need. Especially with orc.

Race playability:
Orc, Ne, Human, UD