WC3 CD replacement?

M

monstermarlo

My 2yr-old nephew scratched up my CD to the point that I can't play the game :( Do you think if I appeal to Blizzard, they'll send me another copy provided that I give them my CD serial #?

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
hello monster. First off, welcome to the forums. About your scratched cd, all I can say is, good luck! If you look around the forums, you'll see occasional posts about me bitching about how I have 3 starcract cd's and 1 brood war cd and only 1 of them works. I tried calling blizzard and they basically hung up on me when I asked them for a replacement. It really sucks that your cd got scratched, but blizzard will not replace it. You could try taking it back to the store you bought it from though, but most stores won't take back software, due to the fact that you can steal the cd-keys and all. Since you have the cd-key though, your best bet is to get a friend to burn you one or ask around on these forums. I'm sure someone would burn you a copy for $10 or something. Like I said above though, don't waste your time with blizzard, they won't help you.

- SkuZZy

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
No, u can't burn it- it doesn't work. Sorry man, but maybe you should try to get $50 out of ur little bro, or tell ur parents and see if they might take pity on you. You could try contacting blizzard, but Im almost positive that they won't send u one, but hey, it doesn't hurt to try

Placebo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Download the game from a file sharing program. Since it wouldn't be illegal since you OWN the game and have a valid cd-key. I would only recommend that if you have a broadband connection.