Warcraft? Good for your mind?

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah that pretty much says it all. I read an article at wcreplays.com about this. And he says yes it is. And many people compare this game to chess. DO you agree? Do you think that everyone who practices chess frequently will become very good and everyone who plays warcraft will become very good?

I think that if you practice chess a lot you WILL become better but maybe not as good as the masters. And i also think it is the same with warcraft.

HEre is the article...read the comments by davester also...
http://wcreplays.com/articles.php?get=317

what do you all think? I know this is a pretty biased place to ask this but please try to be open minded.

Oh, and btw, I think dota just makes your brain into mush! hah, let the flaming begin. I hate dota with a passion; it is so gay.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
dota helps hero micromangament, so its not so bad

Biske

Reaction score
Games like Chess and RTS games don't make you a genious, but they can get you into a mode where when you are in a circumstance, you look at it several different ways. So, it could.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
It allows you to put any of your skills to the extreme in a competitive environment. You will be constantly making decisions that will throw the game off course for the enemy or possibly for you if you are not careful.

Dota is a test to see how well you can control heroes and the triggered spells. Melee combat is how well you can fight off armies with precise thinking, microing, and how well you can attack the other player effectively.

azn_dudex

Member!
Reaction score
no there no thought in a rts game, build a base, amass a army that bigger than ur enemys, proceed to destroy them. or if ur on a team then build a base, amass a huge army, take turns hurassing the enemy, proceed to destroy the inferior players.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Almost any game, I believe, will help boost eye-hand co-ordination and reaction time, when played in moderation, not just Warcraft.*

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
starcraft is better, since game play is much more faster.

and no thoughts in rts game? tsk tsk...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
BLASPHEMY, I WILL HAVE YOUR HEAD HANGED!!!!

I like Starcraft for its futuristic warfare. Warcraft all the way in gaming and such.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
LOLLOLOLOLOLOL video game strategic or not isn't going to be good for you. Want to meet people go outside. Want to get smarter go to a libary warcraft is for fun not to increase brain power. Thoes are some of the most stupid anologies I ever read if people think that is true I'd bank on warcraft making people more stupid and even more so if they believe that shit. Want to get smarter from a gay knock yourselves out

http://www.apple.com/games/articles/2002/09/infogrames/

But as it goes for most warcraft players the above link game maybe to much for such low IQ's.

(Prove me wrong you just stated warcraft was making you smarter. Probably using it as consolation for dropping out of school. ROFL how pathetic)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Theroy said:
LOLLOLOLOLOLOL video game strategic or not isn't going to be good for you. Want to meet people go outside. Want to get smarter go to a libary warcraft is for fun not to increase brain power. Thoes are some of the most stupid anologies I ever read if people think that is true I'd bank on warcraft making people more stupid and even more so if they believe that shit. Want to get smarter from a gay knock yourselves out

But as it goes for most warcraft players the above link game maybe to much for such low IQ's.

(Prove me wrong you just stated warcraft was making you smarter. Probably using it as consolation for dropping out of school. ROFL how pathetic)
couldn't have said it better myself, pity those, most smart people plays games like 24/7.

owbaer

Reaction score
Theroy said:

noob :baby Ya chess and anything else never helped anyone think. ;)

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I totally disagree with him when he says that we can meet people through warcraft. That is really gay. pathetic.
However, Theroy, it depends on what you mean by making you smarter. YOUR IQ ISNT GONNA GO UP FROM PLAYING WC! haha...Warcraft IMO can IN SOME WAYS be compared to chess. Playing a lot of chess or warcraft cant make you gosu. Many people like myself are still struggling to become very good. It really takes focus and concentration. YOU CAN DO IT without the 12 hours a day of practice...
I dont think warcraft will help increase you Hand-eye coordination but will help you with your concentration.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Its hard to meet and make friends with people online without screwing it up or the guy being a total retard. Most of the people I made friends with either I made because of handicap wins (ViViD.4, EnjoytheFlames, Nutargo) or I known here or for a while (Heff, Dream_Walker etc.).

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
owbaer said:
noob :baby Ya chess and anything else never helped anyone think. ;)
Play as much warcraft as you want and enjoy your false hope. Chess isn't warcraft play warcraft all you want it's not going to help your chess game any. It's also not going to change the fact that you're a retard the fact you just called me a noob is proof of that enough. Don't compare a balanced proffesional game like chess to a pixelized game like warcraft. Thnx.

Don't get me wrong warcraft takes skill surly but nothing that you will use in life.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Theroy said:
Play as much warcraft as you want and enjoy your false hope. Chess isn't warcraft play warcraft all you want it's not going to help your chess game any. It's also not going to change the fact that you're a retard the fact you just called me a noob is proof of that enough. Don't compare a balanced proffesional game like chess to a pixelized game like warcraft. Thnx.

Don't get me wrong warcraft takes skill surly but nothing that you will use in life.
skills that you may use if you go into army... (strategic planning..) but those tend to be common sense if you want to join army...

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Err.. IF your playing warcraft you probably don't have what it takes to join the army.. and you don't make units when you're in the army or give orders you take them. That's why there's no way in hell would they take "I'm really good at warcraft" on a resume. Warcraft is not going to help you in real life what so ever unless for relaving stress or for pure fun. Which can be done in otherwise that will have double positive outcomes instead of just one. eg swimming working out golf ect...

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Theroy said:
Err.. IF your playing warcraft you probably don't have what it takes to join the army.. and you don't make units when you're in the army or give orders you take them. That's why there's no way in hell would they take "I'm really good at warcraft" on a resume. Warcraft is not going to help you in real life what so ever unless for relaving stress or for pure fun. Which can be done in otherwise that will have double positive outcomes instead of just one. eg swimming working out golf ect...
i know that, Im just saying you'd have basic thoguhts on strategies, after all, it is strategic game... but the nagain you're going to say war isnt a game :loopy

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am of decent skill in chess and still suck at WC.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
TrOiK said:
Games were made for entertainment not ****ing makeing you smart...
Hey pal, I played Nintendo almost all my life. That is how I got so good at math :D.