War 3 expansion

would you like warcraft expansion to comeout.

• right away

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • after WOW

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • after SC

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • after anything else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

stonedawg

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
expansion coming

i know its coming. i read on gamefaqs about a month ago that its already in production and should be out (late) next year. didnt say exactly what to expect, but hinted at flying hero's and playable burning legion. should be cool either way.

M

MadMartigan

next July

Blizzard seems to love the 4th of July week, Diable II, DII exp, and Warcraft III all came out then. So it would be safe to infer that the expansion would come out then as well.

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Well, ur right about july, but I think thats a more likely time for WoW to be released. Maybe the year after that...

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I don't know how blizzard plans to go about it. But they won't release Warcraft 3, WoW and Warcraft 3 Expansion (3 games) all within a span of like, 16 months. Too much warcraft. In my opinion, I don't think there will be a WC expansion, atleast not for a while. They might release a WC expansion 2-3 years down the road. I know that sounds stupid, since we're used to seeing exp's released within a year of the original game, but I just don't see that happening. WoW is going to be the biggest game ever made by blizzard, plus they are doing Starcraft Ghost. If anyone can tell me where they would find time to fit a WC expansion in, then go for it :D

M

MadMartigan

Well...

First of all, the expansion a year later has proven to be true so far, therefore it is most likely we will see the WC3 exp next July.
Secondly, if you know Blizzard then you know there is no way WoW will come out in 2003. I still remember the advertisment for Diablo 2 to be released in 1998 and WC3 in 2000. And besides that Blizzard is very deliberative about development process, making a MMORPG is very difficult. People assume because Sony/Verant succeeded that it is easy. Look at Squaresoft, I'd say them and Blizzard are equal in terms of development ability, money, ingenuity, etc. and it took them a while to get FFXI working properly. We would be lucky to see WoW by Christmas '04.
As far as Starcraft: Ghost, Blizzard isnt actively developing that, Nihilistic is, so they wont have resources working on it. Plus it's a console game, different game entirely.

NeonPork

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think that the new expansion (if there is to be 1) might be just a b.net expansion like they did with warcraft 2