Ultras are good too!!!!!!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
just wondering about...

Just wondering, i notice no one i play and every one i meet including here never even thinks about ultralisks. now they are a harder to get than hydras and lings but i got one guy laughing at me cause i was atting him with them. i got a win from that match. i think they are cool. not the only thing to build an army with though. if u attack with hydras, lings ultras and defilers as cover. theres no way to lose. i find combining ultra make me realy strong

KerriganForever

Member!
Reaction score
Website
stores.andale.com
I use Ultralisks whenever possible, but it is on rare occasions. Ultralisks are very expensive. 200minerals and 200gas, the gas is what kills me, by the time I make and morf my other forces the gas level is very low. Ultralisks are only good for ground force and they need to be upgraded for better fighting power. Maybe a combination of Hydralisk and Ultralisk will work great, but the time involved to make it may not allow you to make it at all. I'm talking about when battling another gamer not a comp. You could come test your skills of gaming with Ultralisk with my clan and our Allies, just sign-up to be an Allie or perhaps join our FSB-ARMY. http://www.Kerriganforever.net (search google)

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
What do you mean "they die easy"? They have four-hundred health! You don't take away four-hundred health away quickly, unless you've got one Ultralisk against two groups of Marines or Cracklings/Zerglings.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Don't mine Xel, he's just a silly monkah!

LiHaHia

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If u have low gas ultra + cracklings work very well too...
plus some hydra cuz some ppl like to make cosairs or other air units to kill the overlord at the end.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by BigTymer[Frog]
hahaha!!!!! ultra's are like in the top 3 fer having the most HP, kid do yer homework!!!
Although true they are top 3, IMO they are #1... Ultra's have the highest health in the game for a ground unit. The only things higher than them are carriers and battlecruisers, but, both those are too expensive and can be locked down. Ultras can be brooded by queens though, but opponents don't often get queens... and rarely 6 of them.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by Xel
ultralisks are good but they die easy and expantive so i stick with mutalisks
lol. Too funny. Since when don't mutas die fast? They prob die faster than any other air unit. Two ghosts VS One muta & the ghosts would win... Ten Ghosts VS One Ultra and the ultra would kill all of them one-by-one before even breaking a sweat.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
No unit in the game dies fast if u know how to controll them. As for ultras, they are really good late game ZvT or ZvP, combined with cracklings and dark swarm. In BW the ultra can get 5 armor and increased speed, which make them really usefull. U cant rush with ultras, they cost a lot of gas. But in late game when u have many expansions they really shine.

As for mutas, they dont die fast. U dont send 12 mutas to kill 4 corsairs, u pull back and let devourers, hydras or corsairs kill the devourers.

manofhonor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ultras are really neat, i thinki one of the 2 playes that had a good and efefctive ultralisk rush on blood bath, of course i have lings with them lol.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Is there enough gas on BB to do an ultra rush?

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by AKA-47
As for ultras, they are really good late game ZvT or ZvP, combined with cracklings and dark swarm.
Are you even listening to what you're saying? First off... ultras and cracklings? How are they good together. They can't hit air. Second, how would dark swarm help cracklings and ultras? lol. Maybe temporarily if you swarm over a building, but not really. Swarm does cost alot you know. Now, if you replace "cracklings" with "hydras" then you've got the best combo in regular starcraft! (hydras, ultras and defiler)

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
LOL

Well put SkuZZy...
Somany newbs on b.net these days and some people come up with the stupidist combos....
Muta + DarkSwarm?
I wish I could remember what tard posted that, but I'm too lazy to go and find him...

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Ultras and lings can attack under swarm. Hydras can NOT attack units under swarm. Swarm does not only protect from air units, it protects from every single ranged unit in the game! Zerglings and ultras give u the combined the fast and devestating force of many zerglings and the hit points and armor of the ultra.

Skuzzy, of course u make hydras if the toss makes air, its common sence! But who the hell has a dominant air force in a PvZ late game??? Carriers are way too expensive and can be countered, so most players dont even build a single carrier in PvZ. The only air units i see in this MU is shuttles and corsairs, and i doubt they will have a devostating effect on my ground units, especially when they are under swarm! And i dont even play regular starcraft, i discovered long ago that BW is much more challenging.

And SmashBros.Pro, i am not a newb. I have played over 1000 games on non-money maps. I dont have to take this shit from u because i know im right. These are the strategies used by the best players in the world, and i think they know more about this game than u do!

Silent_Assassin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i use ultras all the time when im zerg ive never once ever ever never gone a game wiht zerg wihtout using ultras... there just to good to not use in a game

lordson

Member!
Reaction score
Australia, Melbourne Rules Sydney is a hole
ultras arre super expensive
but thier defence is superb
you also better make sure you have some air cover whilst attacking
they also get in each other's way

hey, by the way
have any of you guys noticed how in Starcraft ALL, every single group attack you do
they units go in one by one???

how damn annoying is that??