Ultimate Map Helping Topic

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Well, it might, but it will disable everyone's unit control....if thats what you want than sure, but if you want only one, than that will not work. As far as I know, you can only do everyone, but I suppose it's possible for onle one, give it a try.

-Frank :cool:

UltimateJim

Member!
Reaction score
pause/unpause units

its an even but im not totally sure where it is, look in units or something, but that will disable movement/atack/patrol commmands and any other commands that u coulda given the guy,

but he can still be atacked, like in the end of dota

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
then if u want it not to be attacked u just say : unit if units is paused then make it invurnable or something like that with the editor names ;) there is always a way with normal things.
i only have a problem with the string that says how many lives u got left :( lets say if 6 units enter at almost same time it keeps saying 6 lives left 6 lives left and maybe the last 1 5 lives left :|
ill post map if i cant seem to get ur answers :p but i think ill use it for a whole new ( good ) td

UltimateJim

Member!
Reaction score
try this

Events:
Unit Enters Region- (A Unite Enters Region [ Your Region where the end is ])

Conditions:
Player Comparison- (Owner of ((Entering Unit)) Equal to Player [ 1-12, whoever your enemies are ])
Integer Comparison- (Lives Is Not Equal To 0)

Actions:

wait- 0.00 seconds

Set Variable- (Set lives = lives-1)
Game-Text Message (Explicitly Timed) (Display to (All PLayers) for 15.00 seconds (Contecate Strings-(Conversion-Convert INteger to String-(String(Lives))) + ' lives left'))

i dont know why but it usually works if u makje it wait

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Well Jim, the problem is, the Wait command doesn't work (It mite have been patched in 1.06, but I'm not sure).

-Frank :cool:

GotCraftian

Member!
Reaction score
ok someone might have said this already but... how come there is no water creation in the terrain and when i start out with water and try to make other stuff nothing appears???

i am kind of a :noob at the whole wc3 mapmaking thing though

UltimateJim

Member!
Reaction score
you have to actually click on the raise/lower cliffs or create shallows/deep water on the toolbar (btw if u dont knwo hot to even make water u need to spend WAY more time just looking @ stuff on the editor "familiarize" yourself with it)

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
or when u choose map in screen with hight and all pick cliff level 3 if u choose 1 u cant make water

now my question:
in prison escape 3, he made a thunderclap appear on ground (special effect i know how to do that) but if u walk in that clap on THAT moment u are dead. how to set that u die if u walk on the thunderclap effect when it starts or i bussy u die and if its not bussy u can walk trough without dying ???? i cant figure it out!

forthe9898

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Big Complex List Of Questions

Ok, this'll take me a minute to explain. i am planning to make a TD where there are 6 rows (similar to Blixel's TD), and on either side of the rows are where creeps spawn. The creeps try to get into the middle of each row. On either side of the middle of each row is 1 player. Each row is 1 team. So, 12 players, 6 teams. Got me so far? What I need help with is:
-Setting a leader board with 6 teams with 2 players each.l
-Spawning creeps.
-Making a trigger to tell when you have lost a life or lives.
-Timing the spawns and the like. Balancing levels (making them get stronger each time but not so much as to where the players can't handle it.)

If someone would be so kind as to help me with ALL of that, they woudl have my undying gratitude.
Thank you,
forthe9898

P.S. I made a little ASCII picture of my map.

0=P1=[]=P2=0
0=P3=[]=P4=0
0=P5=[]=P6=0
0=P7=[]=P8=0
0=P9=[]=P10=0
0=P11=[]=P12=0

HOPE THAT THE ASCII HELPED!

BGL

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.clanvanilla.cjb.net
hmm maybe u should look at blixels triggers, get ideas, then make ur own unqiue spawning triggers unless you just wanna copy blixels then that's fine :p :p

lol nice ASCII coding...

forthe9898

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I would, but I don't have Blixel's anymore :( I had to erase my hard drive. Anybody have it?

Ok, I have a complicated question (again).

I still need the leaderboard. 6 Teams, 2 player's each. I have NO idea how to do that.

And also, like in Ark TD, I want a system where players can vote for difficulty. Listen carefully now, I need to know how to make them vote on difficulty, and the highest vote wins, but instead of sayign the difficulty, they pick with a dialog button. If anyone can do that, you have my respect.

UltimateJim

Member!
Reaction score
at the begining of THIS THREAD there is something explaining about doalog, it helps if you look @ other threads b 4 posting questions that have been answered,

and m3, what u do is, you have a trigger that says play animation

event (w/e)

action special efenct- play special efect in region 001

thne you have another action that say turn on trigger kill 001
and turn on trigger end kill 001

so it will be

event (w/e)

action special efenct- play special efect in region 001
trigger-turn on trigger kill 001

and trigger kill 001 will be

event- unit enters region 001

action- unit-kill entering unit

and trigger end kill 001 would be

event-none

action wait (however long it takes to play animation or whatever)
trigger turn off this trigger
trigger turn of kill 001

kinda comlicated, but that'll make it work, PM me if u need more help

C

caffeine211

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and kind of new to making WC3 maps...

I played around with the editor a lot and looked at other people's maps to try and understand the triggers and stuff, and I do for the most part.

But I need some help on one thing. I want a player to receive 10 gold for killing a unit and I can't figure out how to do it. I looked at a bunch of Footmen Wars triggers/custom characters and I'm totally lost.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edit: I figured out how to do it...

Events
Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Dies
Unit - A unit owned by Player 2 (Blue) Dies
Unit - A unit owned by Player 3 (Teal) Dies
Unit - A unit owned by Player 4 (Purple) Dies
Unit - A unit owned by Player 5 (Yellow) Dies
Unit - A unit owned by Player 6 (Orange) Dies
Unit - A unit owned by Player 7 (Green) Dies
Unit - A unit owned by Player 8 (Pink) Dies
Actions
Player - Add 10 to (Owner of (Killing unit)) Current gold

Not how I wanted it though. Anyone know how to make so the little +10[goldsign] appears above the unit when the get killed, like it would if you killed a neutral hostile?

Kaldaris

Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Action:
Player - Set Flag (On)
Gives them bounties. The bounties for individual units are in the units properties, to set a bounty to a specific number....
Bounty- Base: 0
Bounty- Number Of Dice: #
Bounty- Bounty sides per dice: #

Chassel

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.war3world.com
i have another question... i've done this in the past but i don't have the program anymore Is there a way with the frozen throne editor to import my own pictures (icons) for like custom spells or hero portraits etc... if so how do you do it...if not is there a good new program that can do that and where woudl i find one?
thnx again
-Chassel

Chassel

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.war3world.com
so bassicly i'd have to replace a previous icon?....i'd rather not do that...do you know of where i can get a good program to do this? (are there any new ones compatible with TFT?)

UltimateJim

Member!
Reaction score
u MIGHT be able to import a icon then instead of going "choose icon" you would go specify custom icon, then put in the pathname of the button u created (so make a button and name it "button" then go to game interface button and where it says "custom" put in "button", try that and get back to me if it works or not, because i havent really fiddled arpund with the import/export thing

Chassel

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.war3world.com
the problem is i can't find the directory where all the icons are held in so i can't draw a buttona dn put it there then use the custom part to open that one i'm pretty sure i need to extract the icon info into a fold that can be more easliy accsessable but i don't remeber how to do that or if there is a good program to do it with does anybody else know?