Uber Barb: can it be done?

vampire-blade

Member!
Reaction score
I was thinking about making an uber barbarian, I want to know what main attack you guys think is better, and why. Also please feel free to post what gear you would use, and why as well. This is what I am planning on making as it is now, after reading your comments, and suggestions it might change...
Uber Barb:
Main attack = Frenzy, or Concentrate (can't decide)

Armor = Perf Fortitude
Helm = Perf uped, umed arreats
Wepon1 = Ebotd Cb (Because ebotd > all :)
weapon/ shield 2 = ss (not sure if thats a good shield), or ebotd cb if frenzy
belt = arachnids sash, or verdungos
gloves = perf draculs grasp
boots = perf uped gore riders
ammy = highlords, or maras (prolly maras because maras > all)
ring1 = 5ll bk
ring2 = 5ll bk, ravenfrost, or natures peace
Charms = Anni, few combat, and war cry gc's, 20 life sc's, and eventually torch :)

Feel free to recomend other charms, rings, ammy's, etc. etc. but please also explain why you recomend them :)
Also I want to put 1 point into natural resist, iron skin, and 5 into sword mastery (for ebotd cb)--- would this be a waste of skill points, and would sword mastery really make that big of a difference dmg wise? Of course i'll max synergies for the main attack, and max out batte orders. If theres any other skill points I should research, or not research, please let me know guyz
:hxc :hxc

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
I dont know if it can be done.. But i think it can... 1 think is, i think u´ll need more res.. Cus there is alot of elemental dmg in Uber trist .... Cant help u more than that, cus i have only been in Ubër Trist 1 time....

~Shadow

AngelicKnights

Member!
Reaction score
well u see possible it can be dun..but im sorry unless you got sumone with u it will be harder then getings a windy druid to do it ( possible but HARD AS HELL )

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i think zerker would work better than cb

potsmokerdom

Member!
Reaction score
if you go frenzy use a last wish zerk instead of 2 botds last wish owns em.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Bezerk is best for uber barb imo.The skill that is

vampire-blade

Member!
Reaction score
I agree that zerker would work better than cb. Last Wish looks like a good weapon with life tap, and the ed, but no faster attack, and the runes to make it kill it, and since my botdz will be ethreal, the ed from Fort and the Ebotdz will more than make up for last wish's might aura. Ebotdz seems to be an excelent choice thus far.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
For the ubers, use a Last Wish Beserker Axe w/ a Pheonix Monarch imo.

The huge % chance to do crushing blow helps too much to not want it, +the might aura ain't too bad either :).

Dungos>Arachnids.

1 bk 1 raven frost would work better. The cannot be frozen, attack rating, and the dex needed for the high dex requirement of beserker axe helps too.

I would reccommend as many resist charms as possible, as they will be very useful against ubers...

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dont use zerk as a skill, it skunks your defense too much..

The whole idea of an uber barb is too be able to tank...damage is second to things that keep you alive, like life tap or an extra K life beast (which you can cast bear in and then change weapons). It doesnt matter how much damage you do if you cant stay alive to inflict it. Maybe a last wish phase blade would be a decent weapon. Definitely use ss...i'd probably shael it and definitely dont use arachnids

combat charms blow, they are a waste of space, and so are wc gc's unless they have ~25+ life on them

another thing, mara's is not greater than all...especially on a barb which it sucks on

most importantly, it should be said a barb is a good party member in trist, but i highly doubt you could solo it with one...you're better off either going smiter or making a hunger/maul druid

AngelicKnights

Member!
Reaction score
OMFG i think i found out a way for a baba to kill uber, it will be as easy as a hammerdin can, whitch is farly easy if u no what ur doing....post here if u want me to post the build

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
Errrmm ?? ? I belive its very hard to kill the 3 Ubërs with a hammerdin.. It was for me and my Friend and me (Both using hammerdins xD) Cus we Could not kill Mephisto before I did bring my Zealot......

~Shadow

vampire-blade

Member!
Reaction score
my hammerdin deals 14k damage, has over 4k life, and gets raped in uber trist. and yeah, plz post your uber barb build. Alos i've tested the frenzy, and concentrate setup in single player, and it seems that frenzy seems to pwn much faster than concentrate, and the barb has max resists :) Will someone please tell me what ammy is better than mara's for an uberbarb? I can think of anything (2 all skills, 30 all resists, 5 all attributes) sounds like it would work great to me, mabey i'm missing something. lol, anyway, time to take my smiter to the uber trist, pwn, and get torch :D

L

Laharl

I hate say it but the ultimate tank barb is the wolf barb. Ias, wolf form (Hp, and Ias), maxed out shout, bo, iron skin, weapon mastery, natural resistances.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
_Johnny said:
For the ubers, use a Last Wish Beserker Axe w/ a Pheonix Monarch imo.
I don't like phoenix on barbs. My barb does fine in ubers..he is just a plain ww barb with ss and ebotdz. Minions are ez..the only tough part is meph with a barb...you couldn't solo meph with a barb.

termi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OKOK... just my 2 cents but howbout this...runeword"fury" which has +5 to frenzy in a zerk (well i actually have tried this and it rapes) and a beast zerk; or 2 fury zerks. thats +10 to frenzy and frenzy is so fking fast u can dodge nething. also...if ya got a decent level whirlwind u can cut through shit fast to get to the ubers WITHOUT a nigma. frenzy is a great allround skill that is waaayyyyy underrated. not to mention they are fun as hell. o almost forgot...i have made a hardcore frenzy and battle cry (not sure if thats the right one but im talking about the one were shit gets stuned) and its a GREAT combo with a reapers/holy freeze merc. that way u wont get hit be nothing but the ubers and should have no prb tanking their sissy attacks

L

Laharl

I still suggest going wolf barb. You can easily get level 48-50 bo and shout. When combined with a BOTD and beast (and of course wolfhowl) this results in a couple of small "meat shield" summons and fairly high hp.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Big-Fat-Homo said:
I still suggest going wolf barb. You can easily get level 48-50 bo and shout. When combined with a BOTD and beast (and of course wolfhowl) this results in a couple of small "meat shield" summons and fairly high hp.
Any build with out a shield is a waste of time in trist. You're better off with a werebear than wolf, you get more life and a constant attack. the summons wont last 2 secs in uber trist so dont even bother with them...but yea basically i dont think you can make a barb that can solo trist

and everyone who says to use berserk, you're crazy

iams3x0r

Member!
Reaction score
Any build with out a shield is a waste of time in trist. You're better off with a werebear than wolf, you get more life and a constant attack. the summons wont last 2 secs in uber trist so dont even bother with them...but yea basically i dont think you can make a barb that can solo trist

and everyone who says to use berserk, you're crazy
Can I please flame him for his lack of D2 knowledge?