Tower rushing... cheap or part of the game?

What do you think of tower rushing?

• Tower rushing is part of the game and people should learn to deal with it

Votes: 29 69.0%
  • I think it's cheap and people who use it suck!

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Lately i've been getting alot of wins tower rushing on Lost Temple. I'm pretty good at it and I hardly ever mess up, as long as my partner doesn't just sit there and watch me. Most of the time the opponents will have some not so nice things to say to me when i'm killing their base with towers, heh. I'm wondering... what does everyone think about tower rushing? Is it cheap or is it just a good strategy? I think it's a strategy... because, it's not like tower rushes are impossible to stop. Any good player can stop a tower rush from happening. Therefore, I think that makes it part of the game... sure it might be a bit cheap, but so are other things in the game. What do you guys think?

Placebo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think it is cheap. Towers are not even Tier 2 buildings (like hunts) But I can block 75% of 1v1 tower rushes.

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Naw, tower rushes are just part of the game. Deal with it. Any decent player should be ready for it, and if you find ur being tower rushed, its incretibly ez to stop (as long as they don't complete ne towers). And when u stop them, there WAY behind in development, and you can just go and kick their ass.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Well, I played a unique game early on indeed. It was 2v2 on Lost Temple and I did a successful tower rush, but the guy I was rushing was rushing me too..... except, not with towers, but he did a double-hero rush against me which 0wned me. I killed all his buildings with the help of my p, but he still had his two heros left. Then his partner rushed my partner and we ended up loosing. Double-hero rush is interesting, I might have to give that a shot.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
i think

I think that tower rushes, (cannon rushes and bunker rush in sc)ia s lazy technique. the game becomes gay when ppl decide to use gay technique. i shouldn't even call it technique, just a lame try at being good in RTS games. now a double hero rush requires skill in defence cause you can get ur ass rushed if u have no defence, a good stock of money, cause the 2nd hero costs 500 gold and 100 trees.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Re: i think

Originally posted by pan_the_man
I think that tower rushes, (cannon rushes and bunker rush in sc)ia s lazy technique. the game becomes gay when ppl decide to use gay technique. i shouldn't even call it technique, just a lame try at being good in RTS games. now a double hero rush requires skill in defence cause you can get ur ass rushed if u have no defence, a good stock of money, cause the 2nd hero costs 500 gold and 100 trees.
Double hero rush doesn't require much more skill than tower rush, trust me.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
lol lets just say...

For it to be success full on me ur going to need alot of skill to get 2 heros fast enough.

TOCHENZO

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.stkclan.com
It's a strategy and i think some people are jealous cuz they got owned by such an easy strategy. Also a lot of people call it a n00b strat, and how gay it is. If you've noticed tower rushing isn't exactly all that easy, it still takes a lot of skill to tower rush well and be good at it. It's a part of the game or bnet wouldn't have given the opportunity to tower rush.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
By people tower rushing, it'll make other gamers play harder to develop better counters to tower rushing and the game will continue evolving. I voted part of the game.

Remember when people shit their pants in StarCraft when an enemy sent 18 battlecruisers to your base?

Tower rushing is just a phase that will come and go only leaving behind a bad after-taste... kinda like playing with a newb ally vs two pros.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
ya its kinda like farm hiding, people do it, its part of the game. learn to defend both of those.

Comin2TakeUAway

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.fuckoff.com
tower rushing is cheep, but alowable. i used it twice; the first time i did it i killed one guy and the rest quit, the second time they where destroyed and i was destroyed

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It's gay, and if blizzard makes hiding the farm unallowable, its the same kinda tactic as this. I guess the fad has stopped because i no longer see it.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
it's part of the game... if you can't handle a tower rush, then you're definately weak... all you have to do is find the Orc that is rushing you and send your partners units to that base, destroy what you can, blam, that's the end of that tower rush, and generally the end of that race, now all you have to do is destroy the towers and it's a 2v3 situation, if you can counter the tower rush, you're in really really good shape, it's a big waste of money if you ask me if you have the right partners on your team.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
Oh common... farm hiding isn't a pain in the butt either. All you have to do is get a few flying creature such as hippos or wyverns or whatever, and line them up at the bottom of the map and have them patrol to the top of the map and then comb the map with them, you'll eventually find the farm. It's annoying, but has it ever made you quit a game because you couldn't find a farm to destroy to seal the win? I don't think so.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
tower rush is all a part of the game, as is hero rush or just rushing withs a mass of units. without it the game would be repetitive, wth the only strategy being a buildup. tower rush is a good stratagy and important to break up repetiveness. who wants w3 to be repetitive?

Reaction score
Website
www.foxinnovations.net
Its just part of the game I find it easy to defend against especially with Night Elves I just block paths with an archer and any peons that come are dead if I see a tower ill get the peon first then kill the tower or wait for them to waste money early on for more peons and waste time let them send out more while I hide a unit out of rank of the towers. They I kill there other peons they send with my hero for some free exp.

TNguyen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Isnt tower rushing only a strategy with the NE?? i dont really get wat tower rushing is. Is it where u uproot the ancients and go attack?