Total n00b question, plz help

Wyrm

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.xbox.com
Okay, I'm pretty new to CS, just started playin yesterday. Anyways, my problem is when I'm in a game I can never tell when the players are on my team or not fast enough. I try putting the crosshairs or dot or whatever on the person's body, but it takes like 2 seconds before it shows whether they are on your team or enemy and by the tell I can figure it out I'm already dead. How do I recognize player's as being enemies or allies faster?

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Open console (hit the ~ key or the key under escape) and type in cl_minmodels 1. This'll make CT's all SAS and T's all LEET. If you still can't tell the difference, then you just gotta get used to it. After playing for an hour or two it'll be easy to tell the difference.

Good luck, and welcome to the world of CS.

KillerMe

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alm.web1000.com
After a while you get used to the models. If I see blue, I recognize it as CT. Terrorist is anything else. If FF (friendly fire) is off, you can always just fire if you're unsure.

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
Originally posted by KillerMe
After a while you get used to the models. If I see blue, I recognize it as CT. Terrorist is anything else. If FF (friendly fire) is off, you can always just fire if you're unsure.
SAS are black too (theyre CT). The people in camo=terrorist and also if theyre green. Anyone with blue=CT.

Out of all this i'd have to say Master's solution would be the best. :p