Thoughts on the confed flag

sprucegoose

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
its been a hot debate here in florida lots of blacks say it should be banned from school wat do u ppl think? i say who tha **** cares let them have the flag

B)ushid(o

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Its that Confederate Flag.

I don't think it should be banned, the flag represents a part of American history, even if it is a bad portion of our history. Why should the flag be suppressed? Why should it be banned? A flag is just a flag, it has no life of its own.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
It represents a completlly diffrent country. The Confederacy was a diffrent country totally diffrent from the united states. They illegally broke from the united states....

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
Yes, but even if it was a different country some people living in the South are descendants of the people who lived under the Confederacy. Even if it was a different country I still regard it as part of our direct history because the Civil War has pitted brother against brother. Erasing the flag from the South would be taking away part of the U.S's history. Who were the people who lived in the South before the Confederacy? They were Americans. Who were the people who lived after the Confederacy? Americans. It was the ex-Confederates who re-built the South after the war.

JeFfDiddy78

Member!
Reaction score
Website
hometown.aol.com
i dont see anything wrong with it i just dont think they should fly it next to the good old stars and stripes..it is apart of our history but i think its wrong to have it by goverment buildings and such

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i agree i think its tottaly wrong to have it on any offical buildings.
if some hick once to hang it on his porch or truck good for him.
but as forged said it has no direct relationship with our country its a differant county.
do we hang the nigerian flag on our post office flag pole?

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if you wanna fly a confederate flag, thats your deal. it should not be flown at any governament buildings as said above, becasue, well, its not our flag. but if people want to fly one whose gunna stop them? banning a flag? are you ****ing crazy? the more freedoms the better in my opinion. if your offended by a flag you have problems anyways. people have the right to be stupid as long as they dont hurt anyone in the process..

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I think he meant banning it from flying at schools,
i.e when I was in 6th grade the school I went to flew the confederate flag under the American Flag.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
why fly a confed flag at a school............. no you shouldnt, its not the american flag. fly the american flag and the state flag why fly a confed flag. the confed flag no longer means the "southern way of life" now it is looked at as an icon of slavery. that has no place at a school.

in my school in georgia i think there was a confed flag at my school too.... i never really thought anything of it........... i dont see the harm in it but i also dont see WHY its there in the first place.

sprucegoose

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Isnt that the flag that says they want black slaves? or is that another flag?
the civil war was not about slavery lincoln only freed the slaves to break the backbone of the souths working force

PsYcHoSiD77

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am from the south and the Confederate Flag represents not slavery, but just the south in general. Almost all of my family has a Confederate flag and they are in no way anti-american. Our family has been in Florida for over 6 generations now, and the flag IMO represents everything about the South that makes the South unique. Everytime I look at the flag it reminds me of why I love living in the south, not Slavery or the south wanting to become its own nation.

jackalopes

Member!
Reaction score
Website
natedude_2.tripod.com
Originally posted by Forged
I would have to say that waving a confederate flag, and talking about being a patriotic american is an oxy-moron.
even though I dont agree with a lot of what Forged says (lol) I agree with this they shouldnt be waving the confederate flag.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PsYcHoSiD77
I am from the south and the Confederate Flag represents not slavery, but just the south in general. Almost all of my family has a Confederate flag and they are in no way anti-american. Our family has been in Florida for over 6 generations now, and the flag IMO represents everything about the South that makes the South unique. Everytime I look at the flag it reminds me of why I love living in the south, not Slavery or the south wanting to become its own nation.
Indeed General Robert E. Lee didn't not believe in slavery, he believed that the Confederate States of America should be its own country. And it just so happened that the south wanted to keep slavery. I think its BS how all the blacks think the Confederate flag represents slavery... thats stereotyping. The KKK originated in the South so they used the Southern flag. Doesn't mean the flag means slavery

In school Puerto Ricans get to wear their flags but Southern's can't wear theirs... since we are stereotyping lets say all the PR's are lazy people thats don't speak all that clear english and shouldn't be able to wear their flag.... It pisses me off cause its just a flag.

jackalopes

Member!
Reaction score
Website
natedude_2.tripod.com
Originally posted by Static
Indeed General Robert E. Lee didn't not believe in slavery, he believed that the Confederate States of America should be its own country. And it just so happened that the south wanted to keep slavery. I think its BS how all the blacks think the Confederate flag represents slavery... thats stereotyping. The KKK originated in the South so they used the Southern flag. Doesn't mean the flag means slavery

In school Puerto Ricans get to wear their flags but Southern's can't wear theirs... since we are stereotyping lets say all the PR's are lazy people thats don't speak all that clear english and shouldn't be able to wear their flag.... It pisses me off cause its just a flag.
yes thats true but when most people hear abou tthe conferderte flag they think of slavery.

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
Based on the First Ammendmant, the Confederate Flag is protected. Thus, it cannot be banned, and if it is, it is unconstitutional.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I dont mind it, though not for it. Like others said, it should not be a governmental facilities, for it is technically anti-American. It doesnt matter how an individual feels about it, thats what it truely stands for.

But honestly, on just the social/emotional level, its not a big deal. If some redneck-hillbilly (not an insult) wants to fly it, fine. Its no different then Afro-Americans wearing FUBU (For us. By us) shirts, I think. But w/e it doesnt really matter...

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by sprucegoose
its been a hot debate here in florida lots of blacks say it should be banned from school wat do u ppl think? i say who tha **** cares let them have the flag
I say the solution is easy they want the flag shoot them and put it in their graves, that would be a sign to all others who think that racism and unpatriotic life style is a good thing.

Gedrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Another example of how things have gone too far. I have never thought of the confederate flag as antipatriotic. Why should people be denied their cultural heritage.

I wonder how african americans would feel if we told them they could not display their heritage.

It is kind of ridiculous how a select few assholes can raise their banner "I represent everyone and everyone is offeneded" and people still listen. Hell it's because of whiny always offended assholes that I can't watch bugs bunny much anymore because some of it is considered racially incensitive.

I say if people make it their business to be offended let them be offended. Hell why not make fun of them for being offended. As the old saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. But I bet if you kicked it in the nuts it would shut up without having to give up any precious precious grease.