Thinking of using a map hack? Blizzard says "Just say no to hacks!"

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
This announcement from blizzard should answer people's questions about whether or not blizzard is banning cd-key's:

Please note that we are aware of the Warcraft III map hack that has recently surfaced and are working to neutralize this hack now. The hack works by allowing players to disable the fog of war setting in multiplayer games, which grants an advantage to the person using the hack. The hack allows an unscrupulous player to see where all opponents and creeps are located on the map prior to actually exploring the map with a unit.

In keeping with our aggressive stance against hacks and cheats, Blizzard will ban the CD key of anyone caught using this hack in Warcraft III. Furthermore, we will continue to randomly monitor games connected through Battle.net to ensure fair play.

Please save your replay if you suspect someone has cheated when playing against you. If you have played a game against someone you suspect of having cheated, you can file a complaint at hacks@blizzard.com (be sure to attach your saved replay file). Also, please notify hacks@blizzard.com if you have any information on persons or Web sites found to be distributing any type of hack or cheat program affecting any Blizzard game.

Blizzard would like to take this opportunity to sincerely appeal to anyone considering using a map hack program. While it might seem like fun to have an unfair advantage on Battle.net, the end result of these types of programs is that they affect the enjoyment that other people get from our games. We take no pleasure in banning the CD keys and preventing play over Battle.net of people who have legitimately purchased a copy of one or more of our games. Abiding by the terms of our end user license agreement helps us keep Battle.net fun and reliable for everyone.

As always, we appreciate the efforts of our fansites in spreading the word and helping to raise customer awareness with such issues. Thanks to our customers as well for your patience and understanding. In the weeks to come, we will post a follow-up statement with an update on our efforts to prevent players from using map hack programs in Warcraft III.

-Blizzard Entertainment

Guess that answers all them questions. Plain and simple, if you wanna use a map hack, go ahead... but if you get caught, you can't say blizzard didn't warn you :)

rock on,
scsi

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I saw that at battle.net/war3. i never use hacks. just to make sure no one reports me to blizzard. i spent like 6 months waitning for war 3 and id rather have a 0-70 loss record than hack and not be able to play at all.

HipHopHobo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
jakey has a 150 loss record. (it roxs more than mine) Well using hack for wc3 is just about pointless.

They show you the whole map, most people don't build a big second base.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
even if i am sometimes the undead and with shades i automaticaly see their base, and no one bothers to build detectors. i have played like 50 games and only one person saw my shade and i hinted him by laughing at his base.

E

eheadz

i just tink that the creep are hacking the game! coz whenever i try to build close at them they quickly now it,and crash u down, thats all,creep should not move a bit,for me thats cool,eh?

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
If they know that people used them,why havent they checked profiles like Marn,Xantrix,X[Hunters],etc? I'd say its bullshit.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
1 thing to say **** you blizzard.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I think I just got a hole new respect for you.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Blizzard is ****ing stupid

"Please note that we are aware of the Warcraft III map hack that has recently surfaced"

Shows how much they know they obviously dont care or pay much attention. The map hack has not "recently surfaced" it was out the second week 1.04 came out blizzard obviously dosent look a google search would give you hundreads of sites.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
beta had a maphack to.