The Help Thread 1.20

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
This thread is for tips that you need for improving. You can post any type of replay, but make sure you have a question or you want a critique.
1.20 Replays ONLY

It's really a hard time winning- i cant make stats X : 0 and everybody expect some from top clans like 3wD, SK blah... Jp whose stats 17:7 20:4, have almost equal wins : losses. I am afraid to play ^_^- nothing special just beating orc who presses me in my base 80% of the time. And btw thread for 1.20

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I notice that too. ITs common for orcs to make grunts, harass you 80% of the time outside your base. Amongst the choas, he manages to upgrade grunts to 800 life, get a second hero and get raiders. Hell, even I do it myself. Watch out for those players who like to surrond units.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Now lets see my oppos who won vs me:

last elf: ok somwehow he did it, i made the note to be more careful with heroes even if they are low hp (5:5 lost footmen vs lost archers must be less )

Ud on turtle - a noob RTer who won only with mass summoned before i have dispel (carrion and some skelleteons)- That kind of loss sucks, knowing i beat skillful UDs- this is called abuser and RTer!. Even a noob knows to heal a fiend.

What sucks more-LT a noobelf masses hunts, i have expand but he really masses A LOT, i make 1 sorc and i have fewer rifles ( i cant make more cuz he attacks my expo and i cant stop mass (15 at least) i have to retreat for a while and that costs my expand) and before i can mass rifles or make morts he injures my rifles and kills as hunts are faster when rifles are running.

Human vs hum on TM map: good player i lose cuz he didnt allow me to makae sanctum and he had casters. Very good micro by me but he had many casters and I- 3 heroes and 1-2 knights vs catsers and knights.

Orc TT:
http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/w3xp-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=Northrend&PlayerName=nC.N1
Total stats:1147 : 276
APM : 260

http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/w3xp-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=Northrend&PlayerName=Real_Agg
Ud was lvl 40

Generally i have played in tourneys vs lvl 30, 40 , 50 even top players and i am not afraid to play unlike some newbs who ask 'are you good?' But as you can see some losses of that kind vs newbs e.g. RTer mass summon abuser ir mass hunts - such newbs must die.

UD :

ChrisH36

Reaction score
The first UD I lost to today was a noob necrowagoner. I had only one spirit walker when he attacked, yet I managed to kill most of his ghouls, skeletons and his necs. Blademaster got ffed and coiled. Pit Lord was busy fighting necs and Dark Ranger had a hard time draining life.

Then I play a noob elf who did nothing but mass chims and dotts. Got owned!

Then I get my ass kicked 3 times thanks to my noob at partner

Then I lose 3 more 2on2 RTs because a noob can't ****ing deal with chims.

Then I snap the losing streak with a win in RT. Now I have like 2-5 solo, 2-6 FFA, 2-4 2on2RT.

My micro was ok and most of the time I end up killing the enemy. However, most of the games I play I can't go wvyerns and batriders. I am stuck with raiders for aa. Cause most of the time, they will carry units that make short work of wyverns. I tell you, I need serious practice and so do the ****ing noobs I team with, I was lucky enough to snap my 11 loss streak.

Heh, and you think your problems are bad! Look at me, I barely can't win games.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have a solution to all you're problems.
I am exactly like you guys. Im a 50% player. But i noticed that on some days i play well, and others i dont play well.

So what do I do?
I make 2 separate accounts. Previously they were
quik.silver[2k] 289:280
and
quik[2k] 35 : 20

Quite an improvement!

But now I use these 2 accounts
quik.silver 4 : 3
and
qu1k.silver 2 : 0 (So far so good!)
Lately i havent played very much games.
I'll post my last orc win...It was with my gryph strat...Im not at home

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That is a silly thing to do, making two accounts. I did it, but I loved this Okamizu accout.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well for me it isnt. It seems like you dont have this trend thing...Some days i play well, some days i play like a noob. Some days i just need to warm up!

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
quiksilver87 said:
I have a solution to all you're problems.
I am exactly like you guys. Im a 50% player. But i noticed that on some days i play well, and others i dont play well.

So what do I do?
I make 2 separate accounts. Previously they were
quik.silver[2k] 289:280
and
quik[2k] 35 : 20

Quite an improvement!

But now I use these 2 accounts
quik.silver 4 : 3
and
qu1k.silver 2 : 0 (So far so good!)
Lately i havent played very much games.
I'll post my last orc win...It was with my gryph strat...Im not at home
Man should i tell you that on new acca Bg.Sorc (i said before i need to be trained vs pros first) - I made 3:0 , faced a pro UD also 3:0, gg i lose. Then another loss from very good... then i didnt play for stats i made all sorts of shit just to make smth different - in other words turned it into a fun acca. Even lvl40s have stats like 10:5 and on my real acca i compete to make more wins than losses cuz if they make 10:5 how can i make better stats, obviously worse. But I finally got it! A weakness for me in solo is everybody who MASSES units and constantly pushes me in my base if i dont have enough units which happens. I've told you about a NE massing tier1 , another NE massing hunts NOW i lose to a human noob, (i have tier 3 - 3 heroes 4 knights , 3 priests before that i lose my MK and AM from attack from behind but lvl 3 AM and lvl 1 MK). Anyway i revive my heroes, i havent lost units just heroes but because i couldnt kill some rifles before, i faced these 7-8 rifles and 6-7 breakers and i had fewer units, ok i microed but couldnt win thx to MASS and map was TR hardly did he have any expands. I should have pressed him earlier but sometimes e.g LT vs mass hunts if i dont have enough rifles it doesnt work. Any other ideas about not losing to noob MASSing ?

And Hellwolf, ur right Hurricane Islans blows for FFA. Just look , 2 players leave (noobs i guess) saying it was imba map. I vs UD, solo but not exactly. After some time i realize the only way to move here and there is to make zeps. He has mass dests, i kill his expand every time even let him kill my heroes until my tanks kill his dests, otherwise i do nothing. And yet, maybe i lost time because u can transport 2 tanks on a zep- i had to tranpsort 7 tanks, 3 heroes and some knights... I didnt even know how i lost his heroes were higher lvl than mine. And even creeping sucks. I changed this map - thumb down.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol, well you are probably not gonna see a major improvement ofcourse! its not gonna be like 70%! But, just make a separate account and play a game or 2 there if you "know" you are gonna win.

OMG, that game was hilarious!! You should have made WAYY more expansions. you didnt make anything versus mass dests! MASS flying machines and expos...GG

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Whats wrong with tanks ? They were max upgraded and good vs that but as you can see if i'd tp-ed my heroes before i killed his dests i do nothing. I should have kept them away not to lose them . I need 50 flying machs since u say flying or maybe more than 7 tanks ? Imagine how i dig his base with 10 tanks. But we will talk when i lose on non-island map because this map sucks. And i just could have dug his base, nah i had few tanks left after the fight with mass dests. More expos on a better map next time where u dont have to move up and down to transport 2 tanks.

And before that you said something about stats - look at Insomnia's stats even though he is ranked 22. The ranked 1 and 2 are suckers compared to Insomnia. Just more games and worse stats.
http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/W3XP-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=Northrend&PlayerName=oakley

Where is ToD now ?

Even pros who start with 6:0 can end 15:9 or smth like that. I see you havent tried how things are after the reset, there is no point to talk about your old stats now even if you continue with ur lvl 33 aca the new solo stats will matter. There is a new AMM and while there are good players you cant make 10:0, you may have made before but not after the reset.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
here was a 1v1 i did

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Mystic_Sorcerer said:
ud on turtle - a noob RTer who won only with mass summoned before i have dispel (carrion and some skelleteons)- That kind of loss sucks, knowing i beat skillful UDs- this is called abuser and RTer!. Even a noob knows to heal a fiend.
Take into consideration that he has towers at his base as well, you can always flush him out with siege weaponry and fight him on open ground.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Take into consideration that he has towers at his base as well, you can always flush him out with siege weaponry and fight him on open ground.
The problem is/was in my base not in his. Skill makes everything and fiends = gg UD .

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Not only that, but base design can be a destructive factor that will work for and against you.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
What i really played worse or ? What made me lose like that ?

I did make him lose archers, he lost his DH, then with the left archers few dryads and bears-gg me. Was it just not well played microing?

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Mystic Sorcerer( Rp2)
Make an expo as soon as his DH died off. Make it in different location and quickly. Make few towers. To counter that army, take blizzard make more rifles/casters/mortars(maybe)...I dont know about micro aspect; it seemed pretty good but, i quickly went through the replay. It was funny when the DH ran out of ur base through that crack....I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!

Static
You should stick to UD! lol...no jk...if you want to play humans, you have to watch some replays. You made too many errors to count.

Hero combination
Scouting!!!
Base structure/build
Micro!
at 16 mins you should have screwed his expo and dominated....if you had good micro

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Im pissed off vs orc for 1 thing- if i micro well and dont lose foots - i may lose from lighting or if wolf gets an injured wolf- i can leave a grunt on |||||||||||||||| hp and i cant reach him even with AM. These grunts dont require good micro in tier 1- you shoot 10 times while on | hp they dont die. Like in order to make him lose a grunt is surround if you cant -gg and if there is a well on 2 LTs they can be saved with little heal even if you chase them.

OK i want you to see this- i thought of this strat, since 2 sanctums and casters are perfect vs orc, i use mass casters. But i do smth diff- i make a balcskmith so that if he wants to make mass wyvs to counter my casters i just have to pump rifles and even build workshop for some gyros.

OK but now i think a workshop will make it slow to counter and puming rifles- they suck vs chain + wave + grunts/wolves below. As i build mill i can still make mass casters but no rifles and try hawks instead of rifles + slow building of workshop. Do you think that strat - casters and rifles + late workshop was a main reason to lose this?

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok, scouting is the most important thing in the game of wc! I know it is hard becuase he is far but always try to see what he is going for. I always make this mistake so i shouldnt be talking.
When you fend him off with rifles, try to make an expo. Ur lucky u didnt make a fast expo or else you would have had an even harder time trying to counter those wyvs...unless you massed towers.
Did you notice something? THE ORC WAS SCARED AS HELL FROM 1 SINGLE TOWER! He was such a coward. You could have taken advantage of this and made an expo. I dont think it is a good idea to counter wyverns with gyros because 1 bat can take out a whole fleet of gyros. That is why i have never seen this counter. Just stick to rifles if you want to counter wyvs...or D-hawks.
bats also come out of the same building as wyvs!

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nah thats what im telling you - he doesnt have only wyvs you saw that and rifles will die a lot faster from his units below and heroes. Thars why i may try no blacksmith just casters and hawks. Then you know the cheesy - invis hawks, bats hp is reduced to 325 from 400 = gg die bats.

And in return - watch this man! I dont know his real lvl but the harassments of his kind remind me of losses from lvl ~40 orc and he played like so - mass attacks and never out of my base. I did it as i told u - no blacksmith , no rifles map is my lovely Turtle Rock. Only 2 sanctums, aviary in case he makes wind riders and 1 hawk who killed a grunt i would never catch without this hawk :) And mass casters - the battles moved from .....watch.

He thinks he loses to a noob? Btw APM MysticSorcerer - 163, Orc apm: 159

Also i have a replays in which orc mass selects in the beginning but he gets only 104 APM and i get 159. Guess where the rest actions come from, IceDevil ^^

Hahhahahaha naps this was FFA pg (BNet) on Twisted - i pwned them all , i didnt let them kill each other I KILLED THEM. Hoo hhaa Pan watch .

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Heres a 1v1 I did last night while I was pretty stoned.

When I am attacking the creeps my Micro is decent. I am getting good at the pull back. Its the mirco when I have more then two hotkeys controling my units that I start getting worse at it.

I had to make small flurry Attacks on this guy(orc) because his army was pretty much always bigger than mine. He sat and built his army while I creeped, always had a lvl advantage but had to wait slowwly before I made the final Attack.

Still need some tips.

another 1v1 with a friend of mine. Beat him once before by wyrms and they once again pull me out of a jam. I am getting good with the expos, and scouting.

I should of went DK/ Lich. But i had a nice dual arua going with my DK.

I think it shows promise.