Tesla pala

Nissenoll

Member!
Reaction score
I just want to know if this is a good skill layout I DON'T want to know gear or stats or such, I just want to know if I'd need to change the skill.

20 Holy Shock
20 resist lightning
20 salvation
20 sacrifice
4 zeal
and the rest into holy shield.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Hmm....What would be your main attack? Zeal? It seems possible, but you'd need IAS for this build to be good IMO.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
What about AR? You'll need something good for dex. Hmm....maybe a Passion and save points in zeal? You won't be doing good physical damage anyhow, so try for an Upgraded shael'd Atlantean? It would benefit you greatly in this build. Try for a 250%, which is like 177 max or something when upgraded.

Nissenoll

Member!
Reaction score
I'll be able to do passion, though i have nothing on ladder so I can't get an upgraded atlanean

oh I think I'm going to have an alma negra (havn't Id'd yet) so I'll get a little dmg an AR from it

djnat

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
djnat.deviantart.com
Some consideration 4 this kind of Pally, the Shock-a din (I've tested it and it works fine at Hell).

20 Zeal is a must imho, you need the AR from the skill because Holy shock, which will be your main aura, doesn't add to AR.

Hence the build:

20 Zeal
20 Holy shock
20 Res lightning
20 Salvation
20- Sacrifice
1+ Holy shield
1 pre-reqs

Stats:

Str enough to wear gear;
Dex enough to have max block with Holy shield activated;
Vita all the rest
Energy base.

Total 108 points (if you cant reach level 97, subtract points from Sacrifice).

The most important thing is your weapon.

I strongly advise you to use a Cryptic Sword with the "crescent moon" runeword. I chose Cryptic Sword cuz you need only more 22% ias from gear (with the runeword) to reach 5 frames per attack.

That runeword has all you need: -35% to enemy lightning res, ignore target's defense, Static field, chain lightning when you hit, and other nice bonuses.

If you can, use in your sockets some 5 / 5 lightning facets.

I ensure you, this is a good build.

Nissenoll

Member!
Reaction score
OK thx alot, but i don't really know which armor i should use. And what items do you suggest to get that extra IAS?

BTW I don't play ladder!

djnat

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
djnat.deviantart.com
You can use a lot of things: Laying of hands (gloves, +20% IAS), Nosferatu's coil (belt, +10% IAS), Cats eye (ammy, +20% IAS), and more... search 4 those items in the Arreat Summit. ;)

A good armor for exp is a Chains of Honor Archon plate, but it's very expensive: if you can't afford it, use a Stone Archon plate (make this runeword only if your Archon is 500+ base defense, and you'll have a very good armor).

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
muahhahah here i am again with my copying-my-previous-zealdin-build!!! anyways.. i dun like those lightning shock builds... when they meet lightning immune, no way to survive! anyways, heres my build with fanta:

HEres my lvl 87 zeal pally:
Stats (with items)
STR: 242
DEX: 190
VIT: 221
ENERGY: 36

Skills
20 zeal
20 sacrafice
20 fantanism
18 holy shield
5 charge (gonna max this up)

Equips
Helm: Andy's head
Ammy: Highlord
Shield1: Rhyme on Akaran Rondache (65 all resist)
Weapon1: Azurewrath (261 ed) b4 = heaven's light, and baranar's star, and other thingys...
shield2: 2 pally skills, 34 enchanced dmg, 74 ar, 40 life, 22 ed, 13 all resist
Weapon2: eth shaeled Demon Limb <-- pretty darn good phys dmg, and plus it repairs by it self!
Armor: shaft stop 203 ed/Perf Guardian Angel
Glove: Laying of Hand
Boots: Gorerider
Ring1: Raven Spiral
Ring2: 114 ar, 7 life leech, cold 27 resist, fire 19 resist
Belt: Nosferatu's Coil <-- will change hwen i xfer
Belt1: 24 FHR + str and some reissts...
Belt2: Titan
***This pally has 75 fire, 75 cold, 73 lightning, and 85 poison resist in hell, and 75% blocking in hell. Tho my items arent best zealdin equips, they are pretty darn good... remember, i dont die in full baal run unless some1 hacks me and i lag.. or unless som1 secretly pks me and kills with ww or something...

Or jus use djnat's lightning shock zealdin thingy... i still think fanta is better. :D enjoy d2

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by djnat
'n Legend, the Shockadin is another build. And with Lightning immunes he has only a few problems, cuz he makes also a good physical damage, and not only lightning. Especially if he has his merc (might merc) equipped with the unique Thresher (33% chance to cast Derepify on hit).
aha! that reminds me! (yes i know shockadin is another build! jus one of my opinions djnat :p) shockadin + my zealdin + FoH (conviction) pally will pwn!!! :rollie :shoot :lucifer :butterfly

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Lol yah if you were hacked....

Anyhow, it seems like your gear will be based more towards Damage for leech and speed. You could try using Dracul's Grasp for extreme life leech + Open Wounds.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kao
Lol yah if you were hacked....

Anyhow, it seems like your gear will be based more towards Damage for leech and speed. You could try using Dracul's Grasp for extreme life leech + Open Wounds.
What do u mean by 'hacked'???

anyways, yes, ill keep in mind of Dracul's Grasp, but i use laying of hands jus incase i see uber (hes demon) and I dont have Dracul's Grasp :(

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Like sorcs in 09. if you were that much of an 'everything' pally, any single attack would not be strong enough, so trying to kill monsters would be a bitch cause you'd have to use more than one attack constantly.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
... Kao, i meant 3 pallies as team work :p

djnat

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
djnat.deviantart.com
Originally posted by Nissenoll
what do I do if I meet a Lit/Phys immune?
2 solutions:

1) Have your merc equipped with the unique Thresher, which has a 33% chance to cast Decrepify on hit; in the 95% of the cases, Decrepify removes the "physical immune" property of the monster.

2) In your weapon switch, use a +2xx% ED "Passion" Ettin (or Zerker, faster) Axe. The "Passion" runeword allows you to use Berserk, which converts all your physical damage into pure Magic damage. And you've solved all your problems, especially if you use, in the switch, Dragonscale or Tiamat (both add non-physical dmg to every attack) Shields.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
muhahahah thats why you got conviction aura which destroys those immunes!!! MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA (i saw it in bnet! :D)

[Berious]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Decriptify only does 50% enhanced dmg. As far as I know, only Amp takes off PI. Conviction can take away Elemental immunitys but not Physical.

Another Solution for your Immunitys is to invest a point into Vengence. Unless they are Physical-Fire-Cold-Lightning Immune. Then ide say Haul your ass out of there.

[offtopic]
Wouldn't a Physical/cold/light/fire/magic/poisen immune monster suck? Hmm... go figure.
[offtopic]

-Berious