• No, I don't advocate it.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
I, even when I duel with a sorc, do not teleport as much as other sorcs. I get criticized and "pointed' at and labeled a nub because of that. Well, I think that when you are a sorc vs a non-teleporting character, whats the point in dueling if they can never hit you? 90% of all sorcs out there are accustomed to teleporting every second or so, and making large passes.

My question:

Do you think it's good that Sorcs tele as much as they do in pk games?

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
teleport may seem cheap and sleezy but think about it-charaters like paladins were made for melee combat-sorcs werent. sorcs use magic to help them surviv and teleport is one of those magics. paladins skills are made for them to be good against other melee. if a pali wants to fight a sorc, let him do so. just tele when the melee unit gets into melee range. of course if u just all of a sudden tele-hydra a melee character for no reason then thats just mean, man...

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
yes.. and another question

what does advocate mean? i jus put yes

Also, sorc with massive teleport wins most pk.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Yes, which I find annoying. Then, when you absorb their attacks because you cant hit them the y call you an absorbing pos. Ironic.

m3th0dz!

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.xtreme-host.net
Any pally that even has 1 point into charge can take down a sorc that does full tele if they got a decent weapon. The only pally that wouldnt be able to do that is hammerdon, and all they gotta do is spread around some hammers and keep moving, the sorc doesnt stand a chance. Now for baba, your shit outta luck,lol. Zonz just shoot some arrows, any zon should have some type of bow with them (in stash at the very least) and one point into guided arrow. ughhh, been awhile since i played d2, lets see what other chars there are.......... for asns if they are full melee (not many of them are), will have a decent dragon flight, so that may work, the trap asns just gotta play defence and throw the traps out and just hang back. Druids are shit outta luck as the baba's are. And i cant think of anyone else. So most chars have there up's and downs, there cheap skills and there kewl skill's. We just gotta live with it or not play =p

JLeeAZN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
druids now will own the shit outta everything

elemental engima druid is wiked insane

wear enigma and just follow teh sorc :D:D

~JLeeAZN~

irdamage

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
teleing is perfectly valid...all other chars are usually faster so it shouldnt b a big deal that sorcs can tp

Stryder

Reaction score
Teleport is one of the unqiue skills a sorc is good in, its help in duels a lot to prevent gettin hit, witout teleport, a sorc would die a lot in pk, n rushing n baalin would b much harder.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
I'm partially referring to - a sorc that is always a screen away and makes passes (FO or FB is a good example + merc).

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by m3th0dz!
Kao any char can put on enigma and do the same thing. It is totally valid.
Yeah, but the mana cost is significantly higher.

I personally enjoy dueling both ways. I've dueled in leagues where teleport was illegal, and in pubs///leagues where it is legal. I enjoy both, but I must say, a sorc becomes a really hard thing to beat if you can teleport really randomly. It's all about getting in a corner and using area of effect attacks.

But I must say that a pub sorc with max block, max DR, Energy Shield, Max Res all, and good teleport skill is almost impossible to beat.

sprucegoose

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i tele like mad and ppl always bitch no teleing boohoo if its a skill thatll make me better im gonna use it and if i didnt id b screwed so i say all hail teleport

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
How about necromancers? What are your opinions about them?

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I make it a note, to not duel sorcs.

Why?

Teleport = cheap.

Cold Armors = can be cheap.

Thunderstorm (if they maxed) = cheap.

Cold Spells: Need raven just to have a chance.

Fire Spells: Ugh..

Light spells: ugh..

Spells overall: So cheap..

Sorcs = Cheap.

The only casters I duel with are necros usually..

Believe it or not, they require strategy..

I am 90% melee :)

Oh ya and..
Enigma also = cheap.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by VizjereiMage
Teleport = cheap.

Cold Armors = can be cheap.

Thunderstorm (if they maxed) = cheap.

Cold Spells: Need raven just to have a chance.

Fire Spells: Ugh..

Light spells: ugh..

Spells overall: So cheap..

Sorcs = Cheap.
Teleport is easy to defeat if you've got any amount of skill (unless of course you're dumb enough to play a melee only character). Cold Armors don't matter, since most attacks used in pvp are either ITD or have enough of an inherent AR bonus to over come what little defense a sorc has. TS = get lit res. You can't expect to come out of a duel with an amazon without max block & DR, so why go up against a sorc without maxed res? Cold Spells are powerful, I'll give it that, but sorcs are a far cry from being the cheap shot class.

spiycrko

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
vizjerei mage, i think that u deem sorcs as cheap because u either suck, or have a hard time dueling them

if sorcs spells are cheap here are equally cheap skills : lit traps, ww, charge, guided arrow, bone spirit, bone prison, hurricane.... anybody can call a skill cheap and cry about, it just seems that this time u chose a sorc to pick on, personally my favorite charcter

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Cheap? You want to talk about cheap? Try poison nova ;).

Anyhow, Do you think a timer should be implemented when you are not a sorc and you are hostiled? That way there would not be so many people teleporting every freakin second someone comes near them. Your opinions?

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
(unless of course you're dumb enough to play a melee only character).
How is this dumb of me, if all I duel is melee chars too?

The only time I've dueled sorcs is with my necro, and when they can't read the game name that says: "MELEE ONLY DUELS"

Oh, and just so you guys know..

1.10 ****ed my dueling days over..

In 1.09 I used to make AWESOME builds and win all the time..

Now that 1.10 came, somehow I just plain suck at it all..

Maybe it's becuase I was non ladder in 1.09 and had more gear or maybe because they ruined some of the best builds (TS asn with FoF for pallys/zons), but either way, I ask for help on this forum because of this.

c9, you tend to flame my questions indirectly, and I don't appreciate it.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by VizjereiMage
How is this dumb of me, if all I duel is melee chars too?

c9, you tend to flame my questions indirectly, and I don't appreciate it.
Melee vs. Melee is pretty boring and mindless imo.

And secondly, usually flames are directed at people, not something that just lands indirectly. If I have offended you by stating my opinion, that's your problem, not mine.