T~ valks

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think valks just sucks unless the enemy is bunched up. i mean i was using them to fight a zerg player, i had a lot of extra cash so i decided to send in valks with wraiths for a overlord mission. i killed maybe 4 or so before they all died with ensare from a queen and mutas hydra. valks are only good if you are fighting a biiiiig air force since the rockets spreads around so much, other than that, they stink!

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah well on most um maps, they are mostly do a lot of damage to very little zerg units

Sakuhta

Reaction score
As long as you bulk them together and have a good amount theyre splash and constant damage wipes out air pretty damn fast. But if they have ground AA just run for your life

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
If you played the single player campaign on BW, you'd see how much they pwn vs Mutas. Hydras kinda poon Valks though bud.

Afterthought: They didn't change Valk stats from single player to multiplayer, did they? I can't remember all the fixes they made, but I remember the Terran Academy used to be 200, but online it's 150 or something like that??

I miss my BW CD. :(:usad

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
No, there's no change between Single Player and Multiplayer, with nothing. Perhaps you haven't played Single in a long time now :p

Valks attack is 6, it used to be 5.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
6 per splash rocket though roarasourous!

[Berious]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I used to play with my friend on money maps alot(he didnt like normals.) and they would be like 2 hour games. He was the BIGGEST turtle terran I ahve EVER met. He would have 200 supply built into Tanks, Ghost/marine bunks, sci vessels and Valks. Hed just Tank and Turret with bunks thrown in. I would be Zerg and ide go for Guards/devs which seemed a good idea vs the 99million turrets hed build. No matter how hard I tried I couldnt break his wall(except once where I sent like 300 cracklings at him...he got mad...his tanks sorta blew themselves up =D.) the Reason I couldn't beat him was cause hed have a group of valks thatd just Decimate me... Fast ass mofos to tell you teh truth. Well in the end the devs spores still didnt count for much. But jsut goes to show you that Valks are great versus Zerg...(Random rambling but hey...)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
1v1 yes. More than that, no. Unless you spread them around.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Valks are the anti muta's...

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
so lets just keep this simple, 1 valk vs 1 almost any air valk loses

1 valk vs 5 mutas bunched together valks pretty much owns.

i know i know it's not logical, but the splash sucks. i mean it really just misses the target altogether

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
None of the missiles actually hit a target.

They make a 2x2 matrix damage (if I'm not mistaken), to everyone, the same damage.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
what i hated was that, i had about 3 valks with me, and there were abot 6 hydras under me, okay i know they can't attack ground that that's not the point. i had all 3 attack a muta, so i clicked on the muta to check it's hp, it barly went down...