T player needs advice

PuNk'D

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey Ive been playing StarCraft on and off for many years. Lately I have been playing on battle.net and Ive watched replays so I know the T BO for all the raves in general.

My friend got his network hooked up and we wanted to lan. Hes been playing SC for a few years now but never online so he really dosent know the "pro" way of playing which is what I am used to. He mostly plays custom single player maps and we trade Melee/UMS maps. Anyway we decided to do a 1v1 and he ended up picking Protoss (which is my hardest matchup I should say) and I Terran as usual. We played a map weve never played before (Volcanis or something.... small ash 2 player map) and he pretty much ended up going dual gateways with a zealot rush. I fended off the first 2 but honestly with no way to wall and I was teching to vultures I was screwed. What can I do to stop zealot rush?

One of the tihngs I hate is when the other guy fools around my base with a worker. I usually do it to people but I really cant control the situation when its going against me. Any tips for that? But mostly I wanna know how to stop a zealot rush. Should I play defensively and make a few bunkers or go offensively and go M&M or Bats from dual+ Barracks?

Aki

Reaction score
Build one or two bunkers next to your base. And put some marines inside. Don't build your building far away from your base so the zealot will need to attack near your bunker. When the zealots attack your bunker, fix your bunker with scv. It will stop the rush. Try to build one refinery in beginning, so u can build firebat and medic and rush back. Or you can build factory and start making vulture. i win so many games using vulture, my favorite unit, if u can control them well.

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
An SCV and a Marine should be able to handle a scouting worker well enough.

Can you upload a replay so we can see how you play? It will make it easier to determine what deviations to your strategy would make you more likely to survive a Zealot happy Protoss.

PuNk'D

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well I know that vultures and siege tanks is what everyone uses online. And I too have luck with them when the other guy knows the standard PvT build orders. Its just that I was caught so offguard thinking of the stuff online players do and forgetting that he barely ever plays online except at my house. So basically I was expecing him to get Goons early like usual and he didnt. But thanks for the tip about firebats medics and bunkers. Thinking back that would have saved me. Thanks!

The_Jelly

Member!
Reaction score
Try leading his zealots around in cirlces where they will circle you bunkers. That seems to work for me.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
First, you want to wall in with a rax and supply depot(s), depending on how big the entrance is. Assuming you can wall-in. Then make marines behind your wall and repair as necessary while teching to vultures. If you're playing on a map where you can't wall, then I don't know. I don't play terran. Either way 2 gate zeals shouldn't be that hard to stop.

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
If he sends his first Zealot to you, you'll have to fight it off with SCVs and usually a Marine. If he waits a little longer but you know he will go for fast Zealots either by previous experience with the player or by scouting, you can try for a Tornado Teran but lay mines near your entrance before going out to harass him, and try to do it as fast as possible regardless of how many Vultures you end up with; 2, 3, or 4 by the time you get Mines researched. Alternatively, you can micro your Vultures around your choke point, this'll work well on a map with ramps like Lost Temple. Either way, once you get some Spider Mines down it should discourage him long enough for you to get more Vultures or a Tank or two.

Remain open to any advice, TvP is my worst match-up. :\

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Terran should never be killed by a zealot rush ever.

put buildings close to your command center, bunker inbetween barrack and command center. When zealots come, send all your scvs to the bunker so zealots can hit it. Fends off zealots, get some speed vultures and its game over.

Get some firebats and medics but not too many infantry because storm is coming. Tank push early and often and he won't have air in time.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
The_Jelly said:
Try leading his zealots around in cirlces where they will circle you bunkers. That seems to work for me.
I used (don't play anymore) this alot. 3 farms (or whatever they were called) in a row with a bunker behind and centered. Keep this forward from your barracks and have a scv repair it. They will go down.

Everthing but bunkers and farms behind the Barricks an CS, to start, then move the barricks infront of the bunkers. IF he is not contolling them, and using them to slow you down, they will attack the barrecks while they get shot down.

Another trick is set spiders outside of his town, have tanks and some marines waiting send one guy in till some troops of his follow your man out of his town. They all get taken out, then you rush in and take out his food, scv's then barricks.

ShiningArchon

Reaction score
yea...seems like bunkers are the way to go against zlots...and for good reason: terran doesnt really have anything that can stand up to a lot that early in the game, so your better off getting d then teching to get bats or vultures.

dont get caught up with the idea of the opponent sending in zlots...im sure thats not all he's gonna build