Spy´s in illegal betas

tobacco

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i read an an article of illegal alpha/beta vesions of games in a computer magazine i know that there r many of them

in this article typed that this beta versions contain spy´s
whith them the gamedevelopers can see my ip adress
so they know who´s the owner of this adress/computer and use this illegal beta version

is this right or is this a deterrant that i not use them

sorry 4 my bad english :wavey

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Why wouldn't they be able to see your IP address? You would be testing the beta version of their program. If you were to sign up for a beta or alpha test, I'm sure that "spying" is part of the license agreement.

ShaftedTwice

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master_America
Why wouldn't they be able to see your IP address? You would be testing the beta version of their program. If you were to sign up for a beta or alpha test, I'm sure that "spying" is part of the license agreement.
Exactly, mah friend..

ShaftedTwice

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was a beta tester for the game Escape Velocity Nova, and every day I would get emails from ambrosia (thats the company) regarding my system that they couldnt have known without monitoring me.......I checked, and sure enough, part of the liscense agreement was that i agreed to let them monitor my system in order to detect any problems that EVN might cause (its been known to do this) so if ur worried, just read the fine print.....