Some help with triggers that are bugging me

jimmym007

Reaction score
1.I need to know how to set the upgrades effect to units. Exemple: when I raise my unit with upgrade lvl 2, his attack is: 15+1. How do I choose to make it for exemple 15+25?

2. I'm making an RPG atm, and I'm trying that when you kill a specific monster, you get # amount of mineral. What triggers should I use for that so that the minerals don't stop from raising when I only kill 1 guy or only kill 1 guy and it never raises even if I kill other units?

I'm using SCMDraft 2. Please help! :help:

kayomaro

Reaction score
Alrighty then, new here, senior on Creepcolony.

1: modify the uprgade things, hard to explain, but go to modify scenario, up top click the upragdes one.
Then just fool around till you find it, sorry i cant be more precise.

2: ill get back to you on this, gotte remember the trigger.

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
1.I need to know how to set the upgrades effect to units. Exemple: when I raise my unit with upgrade lvl 2, his attack is: 15+1. How do I choose to make it for exemple 15+25?

2. I'm making an RPG atm, and I'm trying that when you kill a specific monster, you get # amount of mineral. What triggers should I use for that so that the minerals don't stop from raising when I only kill 1 guy or only kill 1 guy and it never raises even if I kill other units?
This is the problem with using the "Player has killed X unit" condition, you cannot modify unit kills per player, so if you want it to give them minerals per kill for a specific unit, you'll need to make a trigger for every single kill.

*Trigger 1:

-Conditions
Current player has killed at least 1 Monster.

-Actions
Modify resources for current player: Add 10 minerals.

*Trigger 2:

-Conditions
Current player has killed at least 2 Monster.

-Actions
Modify resources for current player: Add 10 minerals.

Like that, one for every kill, as high as you want it to go. There is a program designed to make tedious triggers like these for you, so it's not really that hard to do, although finding the program might be tough (been a few years since I needed to use it, and although it may be archaic, I prefer to do these manually to ensure their quality).

The way some people go is to use the Score conditions and actions with Preserve Trigger instead, except that these triggers will give you money for killing any unit, not just one specifically.

'm using SCMDraft 2. Please help! :help:
I suggest getting X-tra Editor 2.5, personally. You should have it, either way.

X-tra Editor 2.5 download

Mikemc

Reaction score
Are you saying that Defense games use thousands of triggers? Pffff!

- Mike

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score