Some feedback requested on some changes

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've consolidated our Blizzard gaming forums into one category. I believe a more consolidated approach is very appropriate under current circumstances. What are your thoughts on this?

Also, do you guys think it'd be better to keep the Blizzard Gaming forums names as the actual game names or "X Universe" ie "Starcraft II" vs "Starcraft Universe". Keep SEO in mind.

Your feedback is appreciated.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
I see all these people interested in improving Battleforums but I see no one replying in this thread. Granted, this is a very minor issue, but everything counts.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Blizzard Gaming is fine. I'm scared of venturing off into new universes anyway. Seems kind of trivial though.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
the combination of Blizzard games into one category seems appropriate. After the condensing of the subforums into correct groups, this consolidates and prevents wasted scrolling on the homepage.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
I concur with the change.

I was also thinking about the clan section. The whole clan thing has never been very successful here.. do you think a separate section for it is really justified? Or possibly just a "clans" forum with subforums under general or something? Just a thought.

I think having the simplest and shortest index possible, and keeping things to point would be best at the moment. Having a large / dead index does nothing but detract unregistered users from actually registering and giving this place a chance.

-edit, or perhaps under General Gaming?

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
The index looks great now..thanks for taking my suggestion.

Btw..why is Eric not admin now?! :O

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
The index looks great now..thanks for taking my suggestion.

Btw..why is Eric not admin now?! :O
Eric is still an admin, it was just a messup. I'm glad to have him on the team

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I concur with the change.

I was also thinking about the clan section. The whole clan thing has never been very successful here.. do you think a separate section for it is really justified? Or possibly just a "clans" forum with subforums under general or something? Just a thought.

I think having the simplest and shortest index possible, and keeping things to point would be best at the moment. Having a large / dead index does nothing but detract unregistered users from actually registering and giving this place a chance.

-edit, or perhaps under General Gaming?
Highly agree. subforum on the gaming talk section I think would be most appropriate.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I made this change yesterday evening.
I meant a forum within the subforum "game talk", but the way you set it up looks good

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Delete Heroes when ever it feels appropriate. I dont think that game can be alive any more with DotA 2 and recent addition to dominion in League of legends.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
I would be ok with that for those reasons, but the posts in that forum are very valuable (SEO and traffic). No?

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
We can make Heroes a category inside the general gaming subforum. That or a category/subforum of another subforum (wherever it fits best but with all hero posts seperated in their own miniforum). And yes, they do seem like they're a strong piece of our SEO so we DO NOT want to delete them