Socom II vs. Counter-Strike

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score

vs.

Socom II vs. Counter-Strike (X-Box Gaming System)

Counter Strike
I thought that while Counter-Strike was a great hobbiest patch game, and awesome to be free, but I thought it was horrible to be released as a game in its entirety. The graphics are too outdated, and the controls are not-so-well thought out controls.

Socom II
Socom II was a no where near dissapointing follow up to its predacessor, Socom: Navy Seal. The graphics were extremely in-detail, and were more then great compared to CS. The controls were very smooth, and made it easier to multi-task.

The multiplayer for both games is actually not all that bad, Socom II with 22 online maps, and CS with 16(?) online maps. CS blows Socoms loading time to hell.

Cons
Socom 2:
- Way, way too much loading time.
- The multiplayer setup is so annoying, with way too many veterans so you cant join a game without getting your ass whooped.

Counter Strike:
- Graphics are way too outdated
- Controls are horrible.

- - - - -​

That's just my opinion :p any other thoughts?

JuggaloCoop

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
awhile ago i was big into play counter-strike, then a month or two ago i purchased SOCOM II. It's a major improvement, graphics are amazing compared to CS. There are more players online with SOCOM II compared to CS. There are more maps for SOCOM II then CS. Over all i feel that SOCOM II whoops CS's tail end.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by Spirit-Reaper
[color=66ff66]CS > SC2[/color]

Spirit-Reaper
You wish buddy. guess you never played SOCOM

Originally posted by JuggaloCoop
awhile ago i was big into play counter-strike, then a month or two ago i purchased SOCOM II. It's a major improvement, graphics are amazing compared to CS. There are more players online with SOCOM II compared to CS. There are more maps for SOCOM II then CS. Over all i feel that SOCOM II whoops CS's tail end.
Indeedy do.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by SpiritSkater
socom 2 owns cs for xbox BUT, cs for pc owns socom 2
Hmm... Well considering Socom II isn't sold on PC... yes, obviously the moron is correct. ;)

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
This should have been s poll :(

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Counter-Strike rocks.

But on console... WHY ON EARTH DID THEY EXCLUDE SYSTEM LINK?! I mean, sure, you could link 16 Xboxes together. I swear... they're never gonna give Halo any competition as the best console FPS.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
i dont really think this is a good comparison beings cs was DEFINATELY not made for console. but, if you cared to compare cs's pc platform version vs socom II's console platform, cs wins hands down.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Originally posted by jd-inflames
i dont really think this is a good comparison beings cs was DEFINATELY not made for console. but, if you cared to compare cs's pc platform version vs socom II's console platform, cs wins hands down.
Yes, sir that is true.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by jd-inflames
I wouldn't say that. ;)
][
I made the comparison because they're both X-Box FPS, and both multiplayer. But I still think Socom II owns it out, there's no difference with the PC version and X-Box, besides certain maps and controls.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
yeah, but those make all the difference. you should compare halo and socom if you want good comparison, cause cs on xbox = sux0rz