So, those Nydus Worms..

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Do they actually do anything different than the Nydus Canals did? All it looks like is a worm version of a Nydus Canal that takes a long time to unload units. It seems completely pointless besides the fact it looks cool. They just felt like completely changing it? It seems like it could do something else, like (I think this has been mentioned) maybe you can move it around underground and put units where you want, or something. If not then it's pretty stupid that they made it do exactly what a Nydus Canal did. (Although it does look better than the Canal.)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
You're right, why even have everyone bitch to have a sequel, when they could have just kept everything the same.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Damn nydus canals appearing in my base...

THERE ARE ULTRALISKS EVERYWHERE IN MY BASE

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I'm wondering if they'll limit the sizes of the units that can go through them now. Notice that the jaws are big, but the little "tube" that they come through would never be able to fit an ultralisk.

I dunno if that's just a generic scaling issue, or if that's a hint of Nydus limitations.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if they'll limit the sizes of the units that can go through them now. Notice that the jaws are big, but the little "tube" that they come through would never be able to fit an ultralisk.

I dunno if that's just a generic scaling issue, or if that's a hint of Nydus limitations.
maybe the holes can get bigger

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
As fairly static Ultralisks are, it would be an absolute nightmare to get Nydus Worm"ed" with Ultralisks.

I think it is likely it will be restricted to the good old Zerglings and Hydralisks, with possibly a unit time delay. Or perhaps if you destroy the Nydus Worm, you lose all the units travelling through it. Making it a big gamble to appearing in a Protoss base with 5 Photon Cannons.*

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't know how a worm would dig through space platforms. Not to mention one platform to another.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It's impossible to tell completely the mechanics, but it is probably limited to short sight, and/or requires some time to build (gameplay video is a demo remember.)

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I think it'd be interesting if it was workable through congruent surfaces, but it actually took the time to spawn on the other side equal to the time needed for the head to travel that distance...

drax

Member!
Reaction score
You're right, why even have everyone bitch to have a sequel, when they could have just kept everything the same.
Wow, I was only asking if they did anything different than a Canal. I already said it looked cooler but I think for something that takes longer to unload units than a Nydus Canal (which is pretty much instant) it should have something special about it. I didn't say they should have kept the Canal, my question was merely asking if there was some reason that they changed it or if they did it just to make it look different.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I bet they either have to be built with an expensive cost or they have to be x distance to creep. One just popping up anywhere is gay as hell.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
She seems to have enough basic knowledge of how it works to assume that yes, she has played it...but no, I wouldn't have guessed her as an SC player at all.

han_HAn_Han

Member!
Reaction score
I really hope they can't just pop up in your base and feed in a huge stream of ground units.