So..Gold..

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I used to be amazing at getting gold back on my Warlock, but I think that was partially attributed to the fact that LBS were selling at the time for 40g a pop, and now sell for 2g. That being said I'm 435 Tailoring and 356 Enchanting..and because I just bought Cold Weather Flying and a Titansteel Destroyer for when I ding 80 I'm down to 900g. Most I've had thus far was 2700, and that took some patience with saving..I tend to buy stuff when I don't need to (I have 16 mounts, and 15 pets for achievements, and I spammed Runecloth for UC rep..meh..).

I've mostly learned to not buy unneeded items, etc, but the fact remains that the bulk of my gold is coming from Lesser Cosmic Essences selling for 4g a pop and from the occasional Scroll of Enchant Weapon - Crusader selling for 80-90g a pop (like a 30-50g profit)..and the rest is from quests. It's coming in, but VERY slowly. I want to get Epic Flying, which is 5k gold, and I also want to eventually Dual Spec.

Does anyone have any tips given that I'm a Ret Paladin, 435 Tailor / 356 Enchanter, that is 78 not yet 80 to make gold faster or more abundantly? I'm working on getting Loremaster of Northrend to make Deathchill Cloak, but I doubt that'll be enough to get me any income if at all..so ya..any tips appreciated..

jefforclol

BF Public Relations
Reaction score
Finish getting to 80, this will do 2 things. You get tons of gold from quests esp. 78-80 quests. It will get you tons of gold to spend at 80 which is when gold really matters. I have a full valorous ret pally and what I did was get t o80 and spent the like 2.5k-3k gold from lvling on boe epics from AH and had a few things crafted and then went into nax 30 minutes later and got the rest of the slots fixed up :D As far as your proffs, their not the best. Enchanting is very nice for raiding with the ring chants but tailoring is almost pointless for ret pallys.

Edit: I would suggest BS for slots, or inscription for shoulder enchant, or JC for nice gems. All these cost alot to get up if your just buying the stuff to get it up. Takes time if you have the gathering proff for them. Hope this helped!

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
This is how i make my money.

Every day i do at least 17 daily quests, and that's just from JC daily, Argent Tournament and Sons of Hodir. That'll net me roughly 250g, the rest i make from questing (Still gotta finish up Grizzly and Howling) and farming ore (450 miner). Since i just got my JC up it'll be easier for me to make money (And save too, since i'll make my own gems).

There's no reason to make a ton of money now, just hit 80 and keep questing.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Reaction score
Website
diabloiiikore.com
Mining and farming Herbs is the best bet. You just need to check out the maps on Wowhead.com for the location of the resources. Look at it and make your path to the ores and herbs. I would make at least 300g+ with a few hours along with killing some hordes trying to quest. Gold + HK? What's not to like.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I knew you'd all mostly reccommend dropping tailoring and getting a gathering profession, haha. Not going to happen. Tailoring is for the carpet mounts, swordguard cloak enchant, and it was also to help level enchanting (which I've stopped and am considering changing)..that being said..250g/day from dailys..meh..I guess..and the questing..I guess that makes sense, but I just don't see it being THAT much gold..oh well guess I'll wait and see..^^

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
If you're getting the carpet mounts for the achievement (grats you'll win a fugly albino drake) then do it LAST. Kinda retarded to waste all your money now on them.

jefforclol

BF Public Relations
Reaction score
The carpet mount looks gay and if your shooting for mounts over gear b4 and near being 80 then you need to get your prioritys straight. Ive seen too many people waste their gold and time on worthless shit. Just lvl up and spend your gold on some proffs that actually help you or help you get gold.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
If you're getting the carpet mounts for the achievement (grats you'll win a fugly albino drake) then do it LAST. Kinda retarded to waste all your money now on them.
I already have them, lol..but I can't use them to add to collection unless I have the required tailoring levels so hence why I haven't dropped it.

The carpet mount looks gay and if your shooting for mounts over gear b4 and near being 80 then you need to get your prioritys straight. Ive seen too many people waste their gold and time on worthless shit. Just lvl up and spend your gold on some proffs that actually help you or help you get gold.
Very true. As I said I originally leveled it for aid in enchanting mats, but then later liked idea of the mount. I will definitely drop it, but to replace it with what? If I get a gathering prof it's gonna take forever to level it up, and if I get something like JC/Inscript I won't have supplemental gathering prof to aid in NOT spending a ton of gold getting it to 450 @_@;

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
It doesn't take ages to level. Took me four days of being super lazy and leveling it every now & then to get mining to 450.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Well I need to get to 80 and get some heroics gear already :( then I'll start working on..fuck idk..prolly mining /sigh

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
maybe if you tweak your ui some it'll work itself out

djnat

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
djnat.deviantart.com
A good way to make gold with tailoring / enchanting is farming the humanoid and undead mobs in Valkyrion (Storm Peaks).

If you're a tailor, the humanoids drop tons of Frostweave cloth, which you can sell or use to craft bags that are quite easy to sell in AH.

The undead mobs have a 100% drop of Dissolved soul essence, a gray item which you can vendor for about 65 silver each.

Plus, all mobs in Storm Peaks have a chance to drop Relics of Ulduar, used to quickly raise the Sons of Hodir reputation. Another good source of money in AH.

I think you should really consider farming all mobs in that zone. And remember, there is a daily quest (you get it in Brunnhildar Village), The Aberrations Must Die, which asks you to kill the Valkyrion Aspirants in that area to get the quest items. This is just an addition to that farming.

PS: other than that, the Sons of Hodir daily quests are a very fast gold source. You can complete all those dailies in about 15-20 minutes.

CerebralChain

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Daily quests/Mining/Skinning/spending some time in AH will get you over 500 gold each day, easily at level 80. It took me two weeks (+/-) getting 7000 gold for my DKs flying and that boney bird, and I spent about 3-4 hours every day doing it.

It's boring as hell, so I don't recommend doing it often.

iggyvtx

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I never really had a problem farming gold.. but I did it the annoying way.. Strat runs.

Spunch

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Finish getting to 80 for sure, and do every quest you can.

I make ALL of my money from professions, but dailys are GREAT as well, almost 300g a day.