Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Hex

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

FuZi0N

Member!
Reaction score
what spell do you think??? Hex or Sleep
i have to say hex...... cause it slows the enemy and you can still attack...... although sleep is pretty good for disableing heros

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I used to be a big fan of sleep, until Hex came along =). Sleep puts him out until an attacker hits him (you're own guy can attack him) or the timer runs out. It disables him but so does hex. Plus hex makes him unarmoured (or light armour or soemting) and armor 0 so you can easily kill him if you micro ranged on him.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Sleep lasts so much longer then hex, and with hex, they can move out of the way of fire. sleep is used for fleeing heros and such.

sleep all the way

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Sleep

That's right. Hex is a waste. The SH has one must have skill which obviously is heal and that snake thingy in my opinion is a must since it adds units to combat that are long range even though they are weak. Hex is just a waste of a skill point especially since Hex time wont last long since SH is usually forced fire on because his healing and such besides Hex lasts about..How long on heroes? 3-5 seconds..? They moove out of combat easily being small and just Reform or w/e. While Sleep can drop a hero for a good time.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Sleep lasts much longer? You can stop sleep by attacking yourself ONCE. It's so easy. Any of your range can unsleep you and then kill their hex. You can't break hex by attacking.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Here are the facts:

http://www.battle.net/war3/orc/units/shadowhunter.shtml

http://www.battle.net/war3/undead/units/dreadlord.shtml

Sleep is longer than hex but not too much. If you use hex on heros it kinda sucks because you only get it for 6 seconds at level 3. This can be very useful though, I wouldn't really want to play down this spell. It has many benefits:

-If you use focus fire you will ultimately own him once you cast hex...it is like a nuke.

-If you use hex on units it will ultimately take them out of battle (45 seconds!!), unless it is dispelled.

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
Hex is good because you can attack the unit once it's hex'd, whereas sleep, you cannot attack the unit. No damage is given during Sleep.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Intel Zero
Hex is good because you can attack the unit once it's hex'd, whereas sleep, you cannot attack the unit. No damage is given during Sleep.
yes, but think, if the unit is not attacked and woken, at level 3 that unit is out for 60 seconds. It actualy is meant to stop spells like BBV and starfall. Sleep is used on fleeing heros that are weak. even if woken, it can buy time to catch up and kill it. with hex, you can still run away. and 6 seconds with it still running isn't to helpful.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
To Pan, can't hex stop spells like Starfall and BBV also? And the fact that anyone with half decent micro skills will see his hero sleeping... attack it once and continue on.... waste of mana, waste of skill compared to hex

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hex! i dont care if it can move it aint fast its a usually a lame critter like a crab! unarmored, and easy to kill! can stop big bad voodoo, starfall, death and decay, that annoying ultimate for the beastmaster and the crypt lord, etc. etc. etc. hex owns. if you check the time duration they arent that different either. the facts point to hex sucka! then again sleep can stop spells like that too..... but facts still point to hex!

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
That's why I said with Hex, you can attack with your full force army while is ~slowly~ runs away!

~ Haruko

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I thought the units armor shifted between forms, hex'ed or not...

Kaldaris

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Hex all the way, and heres why

Mana Cost stays at 70 throughout every level, sleep does eventually get to 50, but 100 at start, way too much.
Critters are easy to kill, slow moving, and cant do crap but move.
Sleep imobilizes them, but 1 hit puts them back into action
Hex removes abilities! Try sleeping an archer at nighttime foo!
Hex is fast casted spell, sleep does require a small casting time, just a minor thing.
Critters are cooler then little zzz's over thier heads. :D