Skuzzy read this

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
I have to post this here b/c if i post it some where else u wont read it heres my ques can i be a moniter?if so write back

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Starcraft was released in 1997, BroodWar in 1998.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Of course, but unlike the beta of WC3, the beta of starcraft was a totally different game. They changed everything from the graphics to the units attacks.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AKA-47
Of course, but unlike the beta of WC3, the beta of starcraft was a totally different game. They changed everything from the graphics to the units attacks.
actualy, we weren't to unfamiliar with the true sc beta. After war 2's success they rushed to make sc. which means using a war 2 engine for sc. that set em back when the graphics sucked, and people didn't like it. Then they made an intirely new engine, and after a couple years, we have what most of us think is one of the best games ever.

Bjornita

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
beta's like when they're testing the game. it's pre-release.

Sc MaRiNe

Member!
Reaction score
Antarctica: The coolest place on earth (literally)
Website
Visit site
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tell me about it, i mean, they were gonna allow TANKS to hit CARRIERS.... crazy stuff... they were also gonna let gols use BOTH weapons at the SAME TIME!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sc MaRiNe
quote:

tell me about it, i mean, they were gonna allow TANKS to hit CARRIERS.... crazy stuff... they were also gonna let gols use BOTH weapons at the SAME TIME!
In the Beta, marines had grenades, dropships had to land before they could unload units, Trees could be burned Eg:Firebats burn trees, Valkryes had "after burners" and could fly into a zerg base extremely fast, kill overlords and fly out. And in the VERY early stages, workers were allowed to fly to minerals, and most units flew. Most maps were space, so thats why most of them flew. Yep alot of stuff has changed. Like the fact that the expansion character were in the original but were taken out, wierd eh?

and as a note, SC marine, above the post reply is a button that says quote, use that to quote.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
lmao...word..man, what's with all these old threads bein bumped?