Should I buy Diablo 2?

Payment

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have always loved my RTS games, and even before that comes my RPGs like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, and Dragon Warrior. But, I have never played Diablo 2 until now.

I liked the game a lot, I only played it for about an hour, but it was awesome. But, Warcraft 3 just came out, and I'm not spending the money for both. Warcraft 3 looks awesome, but Diablo 2 was so fun too. So what should I buy? Diablo 2 LOD or Warcraft 3.

Please tell me why I should make my purchase too...

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
i agree with flaming you can get away with some hacking on diablo2 plus it has a good story line and gameplay. diablo is the way to go

Payment

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks.

I think I'll get the Diablo II LOD and try to get WC3 for Christmas. Diablo II is so addicting, there are so many items, and it's so much fun. I think that it would be better if you could make your own maps, like Starcraft or Warcraft.

Payment

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yea I know that. I'm not that big of a newb :D

But, my friend owns origianl Diablo, so I'll just get it from him, then I will buy LOD. That way I only spend $30.

Smart Ay?

I R n00bit

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by Payment

But, my friend owns origianl Diablo, so I'll just get it from him, then I will buy LOD. That way I only spend $30.

Smart Ay?

I R n00bit
$30 for LoD? That's a little expensive... check ebay, you can prob find it there for $5-10

Draksus

Reaction score
If you buy LOD x-pac you'll also need to get D2.

If you just borrow a copy from a firend and istall LOD over it you both won't be able to play on Bnet at the same time.

Bnet uses a combination of both the D2 and Lod CD-Keys.

As mentioned before the Battle Chest is probably the way to go.

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Payment

Smart Ay?

I R n00bit
well were i live NW ohio the battle chest is only 30 dollars any way

Payment

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I live in SW Ohio and they sell LOD for $30. And no, I can play online while my friend plays. If you download Diablo to your computer and do Multiplayer, it says "Shared CD Keys" so it would work.

I guess I could get it from EBay, but that is more unreliable but I just want to play the game so I guess it's worth it. And, the battle chest hear costs $49.99. I wish I lived where you guys do...