Shattered Galaxy?

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone here plays it? It's an awesome game, and u should check it out if u havent.......I fu do play, read on:

Wut lvl are u?

whats your favorite unit combo

why does everyone MASS eagles?

edit: heres a link for those of u who are interested: www.sgalaxy.com

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Looks like a mmog that I beta tested a while back, I'm checking this out!

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
must.....revive......thread.....*ahem* so anyway, theres GOTTA be more ppl on this forum that play thid.....its just so frickin awesome!!!!

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
again......revitalizing the thread......comn. ppl here must play it!!!

www.sgalaxy.com

a REAL strat game where micro is necessary....PLAY IT!!

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
good enough to play for about a month or two. becomes very boring very fast if you dont have friends or make friends while playing.

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well there you go....u gotta make friends while playing. flaming random ppl is a good way to. Most of my friends came out of flame wars.

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
So, why dont you tell us more about it, ya know hook us and reel in?

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok fine...lol

Its a massively-multiplayer strategy game, and its completely squad-oriented, also focuses around unit to unit combat (that means theres no structures) However, there are certain units that perform structure-like functions such as repairing, healing, teleporting...wutever. Anyway, when you first see it, itll remind you ALOT of SC, but dont be fooled. The game requires a great deal more strategy than sc and teamplay with the thousands of people online at one time is a necessity as well. Also, the game has an rpg aspect. At the start, when you are asked to create a new commander, you will be able to assign it skill points to several different categories. Now, this "hero" never directly goes into battle, but you use it to interact with other players, and it does gain experience from the battles that your units enter. As your hero leveles up, its strengths and weaknesses will be reflected in your troops on the battlefield. Another interesting fact is that every single one of your units on the battlefield gains experience and levels up. As they level up, you can both upgrade them to better, more advanced unit chassis, or give them new items. It is also important to pick a specialty early. Mine is moblie, but you can be infantry, aviation, or organic in additon to this. Remember to have a good balance between your main attck force and any supporting units you may have.

So have i sold you yet?

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
I doubt it takes more skill than SC :angry

FakeNameHere

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
l seems like your comparing 2 entirely diffrent games. Starcraft melee takes time and thought when building structures, including diffrent races.
l quote from the website:
Are the tactical battles the same as RTS battles?
No. Most RTS games concentrate on resource management. Shattered Galaxy battles stress tactics, not fast mouse movement or generating an immense army to overwhelm an enemy. In Shattered Galaxy, you control a small number of customized units and cannot build additional units during the course of a battle. Also, Shattered Galaxy stresses teamwork and cooperation, where good communication and sound strategies play huge roles in the outcome of battles.
[http://www.sgalaxy.com/main.html]
Even though both take place in space, their 2 totally diffrent games.

Starcraft can copy that game :D

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i dont think i need to say any more,.......dl it if youre interested....and if you arent....play SC.