Resident Evil the movie

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Just spent my last hour and a half watching the movie that came from the popular game and I need clarification. I had heard it was bad so I waited for it to come to the movienetwork and stuff. I thought i would say it was good but I need a couple answers.

First off, timeline. It starts off when the T-virus escaped right? but it ends after Raccoon city is destroyed and the zombies ate everyone. WTF happened? She gets up and all the cars are smashed and on fire then it ends. I don't get it, was she tested on for how many months? strange.

the licker, I f i remember the game you encountered the licker then later you saw the licker B is that what happens to them? I mean when it ripped the guy apart it morphed and shit was it morphing to the better licker?

In the end when the licker Attacked the guy and those guys in the white suits came in one of them said something about the nemisis project and I need to know, is he nemisis from resident evil 3?

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
im not sure on most of the questions when i saw the movie i to though what was up with the ending but i think they left the end open so they could do a res evil 2? well thats just a rumored i heard.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Let me rephrase the last 2 questions. Remember the big thing with the tung that ate the guy who tried to steal the T-virus? Remember how it morphed after it ate the guy? In the Video game you see two versions of the exact monster but you don't see a "morph" happen so I wondered if it was the same type of thing going on.

Also the surviving guy who survived got a huge gash on his arm right? just as they make it out of the mansion scientists in white suits come in and one of em said take em to testing and something about a Nemisis project I could have swore he said that.

Resident Evil 3 for Ps1 was codenamed Nemisis and the "evil" guy was named Nemisis and i was asking if there was any conection to the two.

(sorry I never remember names in movies)

silentwolf

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
that movie was greatness, reminded me of ghost of mars

when they did the tests on her it was a couple of days, and the dudes opened it up and the t virus spreaded, so more and more people got infected so the city was gone quickly of course

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by silentwolf
that movie was greatness, reminded me of ghost of mars

when they did the tests on her it was a couple of days, and the dudes opened it up and the t virus spreaded, so more and more people got infected so the city was gone quickly of course
But the Game HAS to have some bases in the movie and none of that happened? Supposedly they reopened the Hive and started the experaments over. Then the S.T.A.R.S. team went in and Res 1 for ps1 started. Then by Res 2 some rats had carried the virus throughout the town causeing an outbreak of the virus starting res 2. THEN Res 3 staring Nemisis came around. Where does the movie fit into the story?

LordUnholy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It started after the T-Virus was created, and pretty much took its own storyline from there, what pished me off was, the coolest character in the game wasn't in the movie...Albert Wesker! It ended at the beginning of the game Resident Evil : Nemesis, I loved the movie, any die hard fan of RE shouldn't be disppointed, except for the fact Barry or Albert weren't in the movie. But the shot of Milla Jovovich at the end, when shes in that white outfit, and she falls off the table... you can see some mighty nice skin ;).

Ghetto_Rap_Masta

Premium Member
Reaction score
Bah...

The best sci-fi horror survival movie ever was John Carpenter's The Thing

Everythime i watch that movie, i stay freaked weeks after

LordUnholy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah that was a good part :D But I think Event Horizon was the freakiest movie of all time. First time I saw that was alone, in the dark......eesh

Ghetto_Rap_Masta

Premium Member
Reaction score
i saw it, and it was....ok. The movie concept and story is kinda lame, but the ghosts are cool.

I still say John Carpenter's The Thing is the best

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by LordUnholy
It started after the T-Virus was created, and pretty much took its own storyline from there, what pished me off was, the coolest character in the game wasn't in the movie...Albert Wesker! It ended at the beginning of the game Resident Evil : Nemesis, I loved the movie, any die hard fan of RE shouldn't be disppointed, except for the fact Barry or Albert weren't in the movie. But the shot of Milla Jovovich at the end, when shes in that white outfit, and she falls off the table... you can see some mighty nice skin ;).
Screw the ending, at the begining when she awakes in the shower, shes completely naked and they do a bad job of covering her up. Watch closely and u can see her tit right before she puts the robe on.

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
RE is an average movie for me. Well average is forgetable but it would be great if they add more twist in the plot and the monsters are only the zombies and the licker. That's what bores me. I hope the sequel will be better.