Removing Blizzard Music In Map Editor

IronLegion

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I made a new map and added my own music but now when i host it both my music and the normal blizzard background music play. How do i remove the Blizzard background music so just my music plays.

Thanks

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Not my area, but if it's UMS then just turn off music for the game. You should ( I would think ) be able to hear the music you put in. (Ctrl+M)
If you are running it like a sound then you might need to loop it? Again, not a huge UMS guru. Sorry.
Wait until some of our more map gosu's come on. They can clarify it for you.

Tyrael

Ready Yourself
Reaction score
Try something like this.
A computer player's WAIT will not affect your triggers. Use a switch to control when the background music should start playing. Under the human player's triggers, check whether "Music Playing" is cleared. If it is, start playing the music and set "Music Playing." Then, under a computer player's triggers, check to see if "Music Playing" is set. If it is, WAIT the duration of your background music, and then clear the switch after the duration has passed. Since it is a computer player whose triggers are WAITing, everyone else's triggers will continue to run as normal.

Tell me if this helps.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Try something like this.
A computer player's WAIT will not affect your triggers. Use a switch to control when the background music should start playing. Under the human player's triggers, check whether "Music Playing" is cleared. If it is, start playing the music and set "Music Playing." Then, under a computer player's triggers, check to see if "Music Playing" is set. If it is, WAIT the duration of your background music, and then clear the switch after the duration has passed. Since it is a computer player whose triggers are WAITing, everyone else's triggers will continue to run as normal.

Tell me if this helps.
What he said. lol :p

IronLegion

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
What switch? I looked and i can't find any switchs or triggers that deal with the background music. What if i don't want the background music at all. Is there anyway to just remove the background music all together.

CerebralChain

Reaction score
Huh.. Did you try to do as PauseBreak suggested, and press Ctrl+M in-game? Because that turns the BG music off. Yeah.