Protoss Mission 9: Shadow Hunters

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Has anyone beaten this mission without cheating? How did you get past the early stages?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Hmm, you should describe the mission, not just give the name :(

I lost my original CD, and so I can't see what mission is that. But if I remember well, it's that one where you start with Tassadar and 2 zealots.

If it is that one, it took me plenty of time, because I had to wait for tassadars mana to recover. You see, you need to pay close attention to the floor. In the white floor (lower level), you can see the burrowed units. Like when you see a cloaked observer. But you need to watch it carefully.

Be carefull with the infested Terran, send hallucinated units in front, so you won't lose them, and try to get as more marines as you can. They'll help you, a lot.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The one where you have to kill 2 cerebrates with Zeratul. You're thinking of Into the Darkness.(mission 6)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Oh, that one. Eheh.

I thought that mission was easy. Anyway, what you have to do is to be as fast as possible to establish a base. Scout with the arbiter (as a strong flying unit, it can scout fast), untill you find, both for left and right of the place you start, two mineral spots and two gas spots, which are separated.

You build two Nexus (in order to produce Probes faster), in one mineral spot and in one gas spot, on the same side. Then, you try to be as fast as possible, and start producing units. If you establish the base well, you can do it fast. Keep some photon canoons near all the nexus (don't forget to expand to the left and to the cliffs), in order to prevent atacks, and make an army of whatever you like. I think Carriers work quite well there (against a comp :rolleyes), but I like to do it with infantry ;)

Your choice now.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
So you built two nexuses right away, huh? The hard part about this one was that the minerals and gas geysers were so far apart from each other so it was hard teching up to templars and being attacked early on by defilers. OK thanks.