Problems with new Steam patch

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
****S SAKE!!l!!!!!!

the new steam patch deleted everything its like a complete new reinstall im ****ing angry my whole config, fav servers, everythings gone, gheyness, anyone else teh same prob?

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Re: ****S SAKE!!l!!!!!!

Originally posted by Korittke
the new steam patch deleted everything its like a complete new reinstall im ****ing angry my whole config, fav servers, everythings gone, gheyness, anyone else teh same prob?
I just got on and got the patch. I don't see any problems with mine. Must have just been a bad break :(.

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
it also deleted my sprites, so now i have no crosshair with awp scoped, w00t.
i dont really know wtf to do so i just backup my config and reinstall now, gay piece of crap this steam shit

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by Korittke
it also deleted my sprites, so now i have no crosshair with awp scoped, w00t.
i dont really know wtf to do so i just backup my config and reinstall now, gay piece of crap this steam shit
Wow, never heard of it doing such a thing(since the beta:rollie). I wish we could all go back to 1.5 myself. I just liked the way it felt back then.

Edit: and I'm moveing this to tech since your(and everyone else's) steam is screwing up once again and you need help.

X

xjMaN88lx

ite dude u should leave a direct linkjust move the thread entirelyt..

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by xjMaN88lx
ite dude u should leave a direct linkjust move the thread entirelyt..
Move/Copy Thread

This is probably the feature you'll use the most. Please DO NOT use the "copy" feature. It messes up posts sometimes and you should never need to copy threads anyways. The move feature on the other hand is very useful. If a post is in the wrong forum, simply move it to the correct forum (Important: when moving a post, you should always select "Move and leave redirect in previous forum". The only exceptions to this are if you're moving it to the garabage forum... then there is no need to leave a redirect.
It could just be that I didn't understand what you wrote ,but I think this says I did that right thing.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
I haven't used Steam since the new release... I hope I don't have the same problem. I read on the Steam forums that many others were having similar issues.

BTW--the redirect's fine. I'd usually redirect a thread unless it's spam or something. Keep this thread on topic.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I haven't tried it myself, I will give you updates when I get home if I decide to patch it then =\

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
mine just wont stop **cking dling sh*t, every single time i logon: Steam - working. it driving me nutz!!! and how does that offline thing work i got that installed on all my games.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
eh... this thread was bumped. It was a patch released in early February.

And to play offline, just start Steam when you're offline.

And as for the downloading thing--check the properties of each of your games and make sure that all the ones you don't play are set to "Do not update this game".

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master_America

And to play offline, just start Steam when you're offline.

how do you play offline when cs is multi only? did they add some sick a$$ AI? or do they run into walls, shoot through walls, hs all the time, or do they hear what they hear, see what they see, shoot like humans?! I mUst knO!!!!!!

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Originally posted by phreakerhaxxor
how do you play offline when cs is multi only? did they add some sick a$$ AI? or do they run into walls, shoot through walls, hs all the time, or do they hear what they hear, see what they see, shoot like humans?! I mUst knO!!!!!!
Yeah. But... gotta wait til CZ comes out to get them.