President

jackalopes

Member!
Reaction score
Website
natedude_2.tripod.com
I dont know if someone has already posted this kind of debate yet or not, but im going to.
I want people to say who they would vote to be president in 2004 (even if your not old enough to vote you can still post and tell your opinion.)

* just tell who you think should be the prsident

*tell some supporting reasons why.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
George W. Bush, again.

He is starting to get some serious work done with trying to pass all these new acts/laws/amendments in the works. The economy is up and everything is begining to turn back around from the regression. And, for the most part, he has held to his word and tried to get done what he said he would.

If we were to wipe the slate clean amd start over with a new guy, nothing would get done for another 2 years. Plus, Bush is a Republican. :rolleyes

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
If any of the candidates running currently in the primaries could be president, I would choose Dennis Kucinich. Dennis Kucinich is the only candidate who plans to abolish the PATRIOT act, a gross violation of the fourth ammendmant. He also plans to work against globalization, and help the lower classes, not just the upper class as Bush does.To lights, how is the economy up?Jobs are being lost constantly due to globalization, Bush's tax cuts did barely anything for people outside the ruling class, who are coincidentally all Bush's friends.And what good laws/acts/ammendmants has he passed? He has done no good for most Americans. Why reelect him?

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
I hope Edwards can beat Kerry, because Edwards has a much better chance against Bush. Kerry will not make an exceptionally good president, but we can't get any worse than Bush.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by shutupandgoaway
To lights, how is the economy up?Jobs are being lost constantly due to globalization, Bush's tax cuts did barely anything for people outside the ruling class, who are coincidentally all Bush's friends.And what good laws/acts/ammendmants has he passed? He has done no good for most Americans. Why reelect him?
I will only post one reply, letting you get the last word, if you wish; for I dont want to take this thread off topic.

About the economy, look here to see one example of how it is up. You can also go to the main page to see that the economy is rising back from 9/11. Though it isnt back to how it was before the end of 2001, it is steadily rising and at a fast pace. *

The tax cuts are a sensitive topic. To say it only helped the "upper" class is relevant. They do pay more taxes, thus should receive a higher break. But truthfully, it isnt higher, not it you average it out. I dont believe Bush only has friends in the "upper" class and I know the rebate helped my family out majorly.

As for the laws, etc. That is also relative to what you want. I, for one, approve of the Patriot Act and believe it should be passed. I also beleive the ban of gay marriages should be enforced. Then there is always the tax cuts. Maybe you dont like what he is doing, but I do.

Every tax-paying American received money back. That is more than most previous Presidents can say.

*Though slightly down at the present, because of the Iraqi War. Nevertheless, still higher then the past years.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
As I live in texas it doesn't matter who I vote for, that disgusting bigot peace of shit some of you like to call your president has got this electorial vote...

If I lived in another state and Kunich won I would vote for him, but as that isn't happening I will either vote for whoever is running green if they choose to run, or no one at all....

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Too early to tell, but if it turns out to be Kerry vs. Bush, I'ld support Kerry, but only because Bush has shown such little regard for the Constitution.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Anyone but bush... the bible says that a anit-christ would apear about 2000, well here he is the hitler of the modern world, bush.
Plus, Bush is a Republican.
why does this matter? he is still a crap president
I know the rebate helped my family out majorly.
So you support him because your getting money out of him..... interesting..
I also beleive the ban of gay marriages should be enforced.
Its just a stupid contract that legalises that two people are together, you have to deal with gays anyway what does a piece of paper that says these people are married got to do with you?

Any idiot other than bush should be a president and any person who doesnt want to start WW3.