Plz help me!!

snowbong

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.tpg.com.au
Whenever i join a gameafter bout 10 seconds it quits and it says "host_error: DispatchUserMsg: Illegal Msg 255" I only installed a few new skins i think the skins did can anyone plz help me....

Thnx Snowbong

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Go into your models folder and delete any p_ models. If you know specifically which weapon is causing this (it'll tell you in console after you get kicked from the server), then you can just delete the p_ model for that skin. If you're gonna use custom skins, I'd suggest you get them from www.csnation.net , who has some great model archives built from only 1.6-compatible models. The only model that they have reviewed that I ever had trouble with was a UMP model. I just deleted the p_ump.mdl file and it worked fine.

snowbong

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.tpg.com.au
how does the console tell you which one is coursing the problems all it said was what i said up there, and if you delete to p_model wouldnt it make it so u cant see the weapon anymore? With that csnation.net site does that only have skins for 1.6 cos i only have 1.5 Thnx

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Well, when I got the error, I would get disconnected from the server I was trying to connect to. Then, when I open up my console, there would be a couple lines that would say something about a corrupt weapon model.

Also, you'll be able to see the weapon fine. The p_ models affect the weapons you see other players holding. So if you deleted your p_ump model, but still have custom w_ump and v_ump models, then you will still see your custom model when you're carrying the weapon and when the weapon is lying on the ground. It'll only appear different in someone else's arms.

And... you're still playing 1.5? C'mon, get with the program. 1.5's out, 1.6 is in. Because you're playing 1.5, it's difficult to install custom skins because you have to back up your entire models folder in case something screws up like this. 1.6 keeps everything in a cache so that even if you deleted your whole Counter-Strike folder, everything would reinstall itself as default straight from your computer.