Playing D2 LOD without a CD

Uncle_Vanya

Гражданин СССР
Reaction score
I have the game installed already but the CD was left back in NC during my move to Canada. Is there anyway I can play without the CD? I looked at the D2Launcher programs, couldn't find one for v1.13, any suggestions?

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
if you still have the cd key you can download it from their website.
Thats what I did anyways, I had the key but the disc was for windows and I'm on a mac now.

Uncle_Vanya

Гражданин СССР
Reaction score
I'll try that out, I don't have the CD box with me either but Im sure that the CD key should be somewhere in the game directory since its already installed. Thanks.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
Just update to the latest patch you don't need the CD anymore. Check their ftp for it

Uncle_Vanya

Гражданин СССР
Reaction score
My game is patched up to v 1.12, thats the latest, its still asking me for the CD to be put in.

I think its pretty much hopeless at this point, CD key is nowhere to be found in the game directory, so I am out of options, too bad though.

K got the CD key, now lets see what I can do with it.

So I registered in the Blizzard store, I have a CD key, but how the hell do I download a digital version without paying for it?

Nvm, figured it all out.

-edit-

Im a moron, so I started downloading LOD, forgot that I still need original D2, uninstalled D2 from my computer as LOD was downloading and now I can't recover the CD key for original D2, which I need....although I might have a solution in mind.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
It only asks for a CD if you didnt install via Full Installation.

Coffindragger

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
ahhhhhhh, I want to be able to play Without the c.d, So my gf can play it also

She likes to play Single player, and i think she would love me for doing that, anyone wana help?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
If it's 1.12, then just make sure you have Full Installed the game, regardless of who's CD.

If it's pre 1.12, you will need to replace the exe in the D2 Directory with the D2Loader of that version, then add D2xmusic and D2xVideo mpqs from the CD to the directory.